FLOP ($0.95) 7:heart: 7:spade: A:club:

Hero bets $0.50, BTN calls $0.50

TURN ($1.95) 7:heart: 7:spade: A:club: T:spade:

Hero bets $1, BTN calls $1

RIVER ($3.95) 7:heart: 7:spade: A:club: T:spade: 8:club:

Hero checks, BTN bets $1, Hero folds

BTN wins $3.76

37/12/2.2 fold to cbet 59

I should stop betting the turn I guess. I don't get calls from worse hands and I cannot force him to fold many better hands. Only bad thing is that I can be bluffed if I check.
  • 2 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Flop: on this kind of board he calls your c-bet very often so I would just check-call. He's loose and he has position on you. Also there is a big possibility he has better pair than yours. With c-betting you don't achieve anything you just make pot bigger.

Turn: Out of position is very ugly here since even his floating range was hit with this T. I would try c/raise here to see what he does. You c-betting and c/r looks very strong here and if he calls you in this spot you have information he probably is very strong.
      C/f is standard play and you don't have to be sorry because you didn't lose much and you know you're beat here.

How you played it:
      If you hit an A on the flop...do you also just 1/2 pot it? You lose your value if you do since almost any pair calls you and you want to make pot bigger with a good A here.

Betting 1/2 pot on the turn is really weak. If you have and A you loose the value by betting that small and if you don't have it you're making the pot bigger and with bad hands you don't want to do that. Also if he reraises you you have to give up the hand 90% of the time.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Flop: Pretty standard spot to CBet, he will still fold most of the hands and I don't mind such CBet size at all.
      Turn: But as he decides to Call, I think I rather just give it up here. He often would fold his weak hands and likely continue with made hands.
      River: Check/Fold. :)

Best regards.