FLOP ($1.20) 5:club: A:club: 4:club:

SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.90, SB calls $0.90, BB folds

TURN ($3) 5:club: A:club: 4:club: 5:spade:

SB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($3) 5:club: A:club: 4:club: 5:spade: 3:heart:

SB checks, Hero checks

BB: 30/22/2.2 fold to cbet 64
      SB: 15/13/1.8 WTSD 39

Against these oponents this is ok to cbet I think..

On the river I have nothing but SB din't show any strength on turn and river. I was thinkiong about bluffing him on the river. But his WTSD is high so I shouldn't bluff I guess.
  • 4 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Bet on the flop is too big. I would bet smaller for two reasons: if he has A he won't reraise you on this kind of flop for sure. If he flopped the flush you're in a tough spot anyway.

Sb looks quite tight player. If I bet smaller on the flop I would bet on the turn again to make sure what does he have. If he only calls me he probably has flush or at least an A or 66+. And also with betting on the turn I potentially make a free showdown.
      It also depends what kind of player are you. If you were too agressive they will be calling you with wider range so 2nd barrel isn't very smart idea here.

Betting the river isn't a good idea since he's calling you with anything he called you on the flop. I would just give up and get some informations about him and how he played it.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Preflop: I might even not raise it at all with this hand from CO, when such loose stations are on blinds, if we miss it will be also hard to overplay them. I'd rather prefer to have suited ones in this situation. Of course it depends a lot on your postflop skills. You can just take a look how you play those hands in your tracker. If they are profitable or not.

As played
      Flop: It's kinda close, I think I might even skip CBet in this situation against such opponents who have that high WTS and also small fold to CBet. Therefore just Check/Fold. Of course it could be doable since sometimes we might even find our 8high flushdraw be good or maybe even our GS. But I rather prefer to CBet against such opponents who we have bigger fold equity.
      Turn: Likely giving up against those opponents is the best play, so Check/Fold till the end. :)

Best regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      I just checked non suited connectors and I have -19 $ with them, my sample size is ~10K hands (all hands I mean, not only connectors) I play them too loose I guess.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      I just checked non suited connectors and I have -19 $ with them, my sample size is ~10K hands (all hands I mean, not only connectors) I play them too loose I guess.
      Yep, that's exactly the reason. :) From my own experience I'd say that I also check for the hands every time, as if I play them badly, I either tighten up with their range or just try to find the leak, what I did wrong.