Dealt to Hero A:club: Q:heart:

BTN raises to $0.40, fold, Hero raises to $1.30, BTN calls $0.90

FLOP ($2.65) 5:club: 3:spade: 6:heart:

Hero bets $1.40, BTN calls $1.40

TURN ($5.45) 5:club: 3:spade: 6:heart: J:heart:

Hero checks, BTN bets $2.70, Hero folds, Hero folds

BTN wins $5.18

30/22/2.2 fold to cbet 64

On flop I should check I guess, he often has a pair there which he isn't folding.

As played on turn this card maybe scary, but he is too loose to 2nd barrel there I guess and the pot is big already.
  • 3 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Preflop: I reraise with AQ but against loose players who often call my 3bet I often just call and see the flop and after that decide how to play on.

Flop: C/f is probably the correct play. On this kind of flops he might be afraid you having higher pair than him so he would check behind. I agree that 64% look tempty but your hand is too weak especially out of position.

Turn: Him calling the flop doesn't mean anything since he has position on you but any pair that called the flop probably calls the turn too. 2nd barrel would be too optimistic and after his call you would probably be almost dead. And if he reraised you that would just be a donation.

My advice: C/f flop.
      Despite playing 3handed I would rather wait for better spot to abuse him.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      I know, I have to sitout, I just had no time to do that yet. I played turbo table and players often sitout because they didn't act in time, then go back to the table, I guess you understand what I mean.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Preflop: It's kinda questionable but of course it's doable. At some point we have to find out how does he act to 3bets and that's the best spot to 3bet with. AQo is far ahead of his stealing range. But of course when he does Call us every 3bet then likely tighten up your range.

As played
      Postflop: As he is such a station and who likes to float a lot so therefore we have either decide, whether we are going for 2barrels or just Check/Fold the flop, since he will often Call our CBet anyways if he has such a small fold to CBet value. But as played, it's safer to just Check/Fold the flop, since 2nd barreling turn will cost us too much.

Best regards.