This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Flush on the flop

• Panpodnikate
      Panpodnikate
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $3.50
      MP2:
      $15.37
      MP3:
      $10.00
      CO:
      $16.71
      BU (Hero):
      $24.87
      SB:
      $14.60

Preflop: Hero is BU with 7, 5.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.30, CO calls $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, SB calls $0.25, BB folds.

Flop: ($1.3) A, 4, T (4 players)
      SB checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, Hero bets $0.90, SB raises to $2.50, MP3 folds, CO folds, Hero raises to $24.57, SB calls $11.80.

Turn: ($40.17) 8 (2 players)

River: ($40.17) 8 (2 players)

Final Pot: $40.17.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a flush, ace high(7 5).
      SB shows a flush, ace high(K 3).

SB wins with a flush, ace high(K 3).

Hey, could you ever not get broke right on the flop?
      Thanks
  • 2 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      I don't like your play at all. If you decided to play this hand you should 3bet preflop to make good use of the position and isolate a player. After preflop raise you could go broke on this kind of flop but against 3 players that is a bit too optimistic.

Flop: On the flop I'm definitely not going broke with 7high flush. When he raises you why wouldn't you just call him? I understand you being afraid of any club and wanting to protect your hand but against your line only better flushes call you.

Turn: If you cold call him on the flop he might check the turn so you can bet again and you have the decision to make whether to value bet or make a pot control check. If you bet and he reraises you again then you can lay it down and be sure he has better flush than yours. I would just check the turn behind.

River: Depends on how much he bets but now even the fullhouses got there and there aren't many hands that you can beat except AdKc or some AT but that's all.

I would just play it slow and not gamble with this kind of hand.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Panpodnikate,

Preflop: The Call here is questionable, if we really don't know the opponents, I rather would prefer to fold the hand. But as long we are that deep, it might be even doable, just don't put yourself into trouble.

As played
      Postflop: The problem might come from here as I said we could put ourself into trouble. 7high flush might be even not that good and we are pretty deep. Therefore I think I rather also prefer to Bet/Call and reevaluate turn. But of course it ain't that wrong to go all-in directly here since we really don't want to see the board pairing or either another :club: to come. But as we Bet/Call the flop and we can likely ship it on turn if there is no-scarecard for us.

Best regards.