MP: $2.44
      Hero (MP+1): $10.84
      CO: $5.00
      BTN: $10.89
      SB: $9.88
      BB: $10.00

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has K:diamond: K:club:

UTG raises to $0.20, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.65, fold, BTN calls $0.65, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.45

Flop: ($2.10, 3 players) 2:heart: 3:club: 8:spade:
      UTG checks, Hero checks, BTN bets $0.30, fold, Hero calls $0.30

I checked the flop as it was very dry so I'm only scared of an ace falling on the turn and since the villain called a 3 bet of an EP raise I thought there was a higher chance that the BTN holds an overpair and will bet as he did.

I flat called as I figured he may fire the turn again with bluffs in addition to made / strong hands I'm ahead of; A8, 99-QQ for example (althought he prob 4 bets pre with QQ)

Turn: ($2.70, 2 players) 3:spade:
      Hero bets $1.35, BTN raises to $2.70, Hero calls $1.35

Turn brings some FD's so I lead out for protection and also in case he checks behind, either because he's giving up on a bluff or now has some equity with a draw.

I dont think I can fold to the raise as I certainly dont put him on a 3 given the preflop action. I genuinely wasnt sure whether to raise and stack off here, on the river if it blanks or at all.

There are only flopped sets, boats and AA (although I'm pretty sure it all goes in the middle preflop if he holds this) that beat me and 99-QQ might take this line also.

I had pretty much decided I was stacking off if a blank came on the river.

River: ($8.10, 2 players) 4:diamond:
      Hero bets $3.59, BTN raises to $7.18, Hero raises to $7.19, BTN calls $0.01

4d was a blank IMO unless 44,A5 or 56 have miraculously stuck around!

Hero shows K:diamond: K:club: (Two Pair, Kings and Threes) (PreFlop 84%, Flop 82%, Turn 5%)
      BTN shows 3:diamond: T:diamond: (Three of a Kind, Threes) (PreFlop 16%, Flop 18%, Turn 95%)
      BTN wins $21.36
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think you should get more money in the pot, so I'd c/r flop for value if you check to the BU, but generally I'd just bet myself to get value from worse hands
      I think he doesn't relaly c/r too often there weaker hands than yours, so I like b/c turn adn then c/c river in fact if he is bluffing or really valueraising worse hands
      B/c river is fine, but since I'm not sure you´re ahead any more I think c/c might be better. If you bet out you can't relaly fold so b/c is also fine
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      cool,

I think my last two HH posts show that I need to be more aggressive (especially HU) in 3 bet pots.

I am just struggling to analyse what are the correct board textures to c-bet on. I think I need to revisit the strategy section.

thanks
    • DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      When you hit, you contibet. You are contibet-bluffing on most boards to get called when you hit, and as overpair is a good made hand your main concern should be to build up the pot, as well as protecting your hand from weaker hands drawing against you. You only have to be careful on certain spots not to run into a stronger made hand, but you won't be able to know where you hand stand if you don't probe his hand with a bet. So even against a stronger hand you should bet the flop, so that you get more informations about what he is holding, and therefore it will be easier to see the situations where you are clearly beaten.