This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] kk vs 53

• masterroj
      masterroj
      Bronze
      This is what happened on 0.01-0.02 nl table (10 players). I look down at KK In early position and bet 4*BB. I get one caller in mid position. Flop comes 777 in which I bet 3/4 pot (could possibly have bet 1/2 considering the good flop). Turn is an A and he goes all in very quickly for about 2.5*pot. I finally call and he shows 53. My reasoning behind the call was that a "bad player" which most of the players on these low limits are would not make a play like that if he had a made hand (either a 7 or an A) and because of this I could only put him on a draw or complete bluff. Is this the winning play in the long run? If he would have bet 1/2 or 3/4 pot on turn and gone all in on river I would MOST likely have folded on either turn or river depending on the size of the bets
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Overbet shoves are very often bluffs, but here I think you can call, since I agree that his line looks like bluff.
      Answer to your question: you can't relaly always call second pair all-in shoves and expect to be ahead enough to make that +ev, but here I think it is fine. You have very strong hand and likely players doesn't have much since he would played his Ax hand different