Stack
      BB:
      $0.8
      UTG1:
      $3.12
      Hero:
      $4.42

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.85 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with T:spade: , T:club:
      UTG1 calls $0.02, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.02, 2 folds, BB raises to $0.08, UTG1 calls $0.06, Hero calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.25) J:club: , 9:spade: , 5:heart: (3 players)
      BB checks, UTG1 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.25) J:diamond: (3 players)
      BB bets $0.1, UTG1 calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10.

River: ($0.55) 2:club: (3 players)
      BB checks, UTG1 checks, Hero bets $0.1, 2 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.55

Preflop: usually I would raise here. However, the last few hands at this table I have had good cards, bet aggressively, and won without showdown. I probably have a bit of a loose / aggro image at the moment and wouldn't like to get 3bet if someone doesn't respect my open raise from CU. So I decide to enter the pot more passively.

Flop: I didn't hit my set, happy to check behind for a free card. (Is there a case for betting here given that the others have shown weakness, or would this just be turning my hand into a bluff?)

Turn: This card doesn't really change anything and if BB had a J then as preflop aggressor he would have bet out on the flop. So I think he is having a stab at the pot, most likely with AK, AQ type of hand. When UTG1 calls (he is 38/12/2 but small sample) I am a little more worried about Jx but think there are enough worse pocket pairs in his range that I can call, given the great pot odds.

River: When they both check to me I am pretty sure I am ahead and try a temptingly-small bet to get a bit more value.

Was this all ok?

Many thanks as usual for your help.
  • 2 replies
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      I would still raise preflop. If you have a loose image then they might call worse hands, because they don't reespect your raise.

As played on flop I would bet. They show weakness, you are often ahead.

On the turn you are in bad situation after that play on preflop and flop. You call and you have not info if you are ahead.

On the river I agree, but I would bet 1/2 pot. If they have 9x they will call it I think.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      I would still raise preflop. If you have a loose image then they might call worse hands, because they don't reespect your raise.

As played on flop I would bet. They show weakness, you are often ahead.

On the turn you are in bad situation after that play on preflop and flop. You call and you have not info if you are ahead.

On the river I agree, but I would bet 1/2 pot. If they have 9x they will call it I think.
      +1
      mostly agree, but I think consider BB weak bet we´re mostly ahead and can even raise turn for value, although call is also fine.