[NL2-NL10] 88, BB position, opponents MP position RAISE, how to fight?

• wangwei520
      wangwei520
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $1.94
      BU:
      $0.91
      SB:
      $2.22
      BB (Hero):
      $3.71
      MP2:
      $1.80
      MP3:
      $2.06

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8, 8.
      MP2 calls $0.02, MP3 raises to $0.10, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.50, Hero calls $0.20.

Flop: ($1.03) 7, 4, 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.21, MP3 calls $1.56.

Turn: ($5.8) Q (2 players)

River: ($5.8) 6 (2 players)

Final Pot: $5.8.

Questions:
      1.88, BB position, opponents MP position RAISE, how to fight?

Preflop:
      1. I think either CALL, or RAISE! CALL is not very good, because if CALL lost the initiative in the POST FLOP! Do not know how the teachers think?

2. opponents 4BET, I think I should fold, and 88 are too weak! I would like to ask: what brand we can rival 4BET CALL

FLOP: 1. I DONK BET, AND ALL IN! I think I should CHECK-FOLD, opponents if holding a Pocket Pair, and greater than 8, I will lose! At the time, just because I think they take the "high on", but did not take into account the opponent PREFLOP have demonstrated a strong brand power!
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello wangwei520,

1.88, BB position, opponents MP position RAISE, how to fight?

I don't see any good reason why we should 3bet here against him. Just Call for set mining and reevaluate it postflop. :) We don't want to go broke with just 88.

Preflop: 1. I think either CALL, or RAISE! CALL is not very good, because if CALL lost the initiative in the POST FLOP! Do not know how the teachers think?

With such a hand you don't need the initiative. Therefore just Call and not raise at all. Please take a look into our Starting Hand Chart Article and look what does it say about 88?

2. opponents 4BET, I think I should fold, and 88 are too weak! I would like to ask: what brand we can rival 4BET CALL

Yeah, just fold the hand to avoid further mistakes, like if you have an overpair and going broke.

FLOP: 1. I DONK BET, AND ALL IN! I think I should CHECK-FOLD, opponents if holding a Pocket Pair, and greater than 8, I will lose! At the time, just because I think they take the "high on", but did not take into account the opponent PREFLOP have demonstrated a strong brand power!

That's the exact reason why you couldn't even Call preflop or either raise it. Also just Check/Folding on such flop when we Called preflop is way too weak! Why do you even Call it preflop then? If you Call perflop then go broke also on such flop. But I just recommend you to look at the starting hand chart as I mentioned earlier and what to do with 88 in this case. Even print it out for you.

Best regards.