$9,46
      MP3:
      $5,03
      CO:
      $10,39
      Hero:
      $10

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.94 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:club: , Q:club:
      MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0,10, CO folds, Hero raises to $0,40, SB raises to $0,70, 2 folds, Hero calls $0,30.

Flop: ($1,60) Q:spade: , 4:diamond: , 2:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $1,5, Hero calls $1,50.

Turn: ($4,60) A:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $4,3, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $8,90

I think my postflop play is standart, what I'd like to get comments on is the preflop play (but if you have any objection to the postflop play, please discuss it!). This was the first 3bet I saw him do on 83hands. However this was on another session and I don't remember his relative position to me and stuff like that. I was tempted to call and play, planning to play my hand because it's not a bad one, even if it can be dominated. It is also suited, so added chances to hit a strong flop. He also gave me good odds with his min 3bet. The main problem being OOP for the hand.
      Should have I fold preflop? 4betted/fold maybe so that I avoid postflop problems and investing the same amount of money as with a "call contibet fold turn" sequence, with fold equity?

I should add that I play a bit looser than the ABC TAG style, around 25/19/4.0.
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DoigteurFou,

Preflop: Nah, 4bet/Folding doesn't make sense, either Call it or don't 4bet at all. While he is giving you those great odds then you can easily Call and reevaluate postflop.
      Postflop: His min-raise can sometimes also mean hand like AA or something similar, therefore you have to be cautious. As played I would likely also Call the flop and give it up on turn. Nice hand!

Best regards.
    • RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Bronze
      His 3-betting range hits both on the flop and on the turn. AQ,AK,AJ,AT,QQ(unlikely), AA, KK has u beat and i think thats about his 3-betting range IMO.

Also his bet sizing can indicate that he has a rather strong hand. When c-bet bluffing people tend to bet smaller. So two potsize bets is really really strong IMO.

About preflop:
      You are not OOP in the hand and the 3-bet is so super tiny so a call is profitable i think. he is almost giving u 1:4 while you are in position with KQs which can hit pretty good.

Now I'm not the most experienced player but i think this line was good.