$13,47
      MP3:
      $3,9
      CO:
      $5,64
      BU:
      $8,84

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.94 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:heart: , 8:spade:
      3 folds, SB calls $0,05, Hero raises to $0,30, SB calls $0,20.

Flop: ($0,60) A:club: , K:spade: , 5:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0,4, SB calls $0,40.

Turn: ($1,40) 2:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0,7, SB calls $0,70.

River: ($2,80) 4:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $2,80

Results follow (highlight to see):
      SB shows (Kd 7s)
      Hero shows a pair of kings (Kh 8s)

Hero wins with a pair of kings (Kh 8s)

My preflop is a standart "don't complete the blind with total crappy hand to see my flop".
      As for his limp/call, and the fact that I contibetted all the flops since I sat at the table, I think the continuation bet here is correct, his limp/call taking away most of the aces off his range.
      Turn check to control the pot with my weak hand, and see the river card.
      I was wondering about a value bet on the turn, but mostly on the river, hoping 5x or even a worse king to get value from, small PP too (in a previous hand he limped/called with a small pp), folding to a raise which should means either an ace or a better king (KQ or even KJ given the opponent)

Or was my line better without the value bet?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DoigteurFou,

Preflop: The problem is on the opponent here, I don't really like your raise here, if you even don't know how he plays postflop, how you are going to play such a hand profitable? Even with position it will be hard against him, since we don't know how loose he Calls or bets. Since no stats or reads. Therefore I'd just Check behind. But of course against known opponents and against those who we can overplay this line is doable.

As played
      Flop: Pretty standard spot to CBet, for trying to get information where we stand.
      Turn: But the turn bet is kinda bad, since there aren't many draws out there and either there aren't many hands from we could get a lot of value. Therefore I'd just Check behind and go for pot control.

As played
      River: Definitely Check behind, not many hands from which we could get value from.

Best regards.