Hero ($4.52)

Dealt to Hero J:spade: 9:club:

fold, Hero raises to $0.12, SB calls $0.10, fold

FLOP ($0.28) 9:heart: 5:diamond: J:heart:

SB bets $0.04, Hero raises to $0.20, SB calls $0.16

TURN ($0.68) 9:heart: 5:diamond: J:heart: Q:club:

SB checks, Hero bets $0.51, SB calls $0.51

RIVER ($1.70) 9:heart: 5:diamond: J:heart: Q:club: A:spade:

SB bets $0.12, Hero raises to $3.69 (AI), SB calls $1.12 (AI)

59/4/1.2 51hands
  • 2 replies
    • DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      First, I don't like the steal with J9o, it's really not a good hand. If you want to loosen up your steal range, there are a lot of hands to use before that one, suited ones for example. K9s+ and Q9s+ for example have good playability and are both way better than J9o, which will throw you into hard to play spots, such as this one.

You flop two pairs, which is a good hand, and you effectively have to protect it. Your reraise was too small to do that, you should have reraised around 0.25ct imo, for a minimum, and to get value from weaker hands.
      Your turn bet is fine to get value from jacks or nines, even if the queen is a really bad card, connecting the board in the calling range of your opponent.

As for the minbet on the river, you had to call it imo. I don't see any weaker hand call such an allin.

Good luck at the tables :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello xero100,

Preflop: Actually I don't really like that against so loose opponents, I rather prefer skipping the steal, if he really folds a lot his blinds then it might be doable. But I don't think that's the case while he has such a VPIP.

As played
      Flop: I'd even raise bigger here since the board is so draw-heavy, ~$0.40.

As played if flop was raised smaller
      Turn: Bet sizing should be somewhat fine, since we will have his money anyways by river, by that I mean if we even bet less than a pot we will get his whole stack.
      River: It's kinda close, his bet could also be a block-bet and true, he could now for example hit 2 better pairs with his 9A or 5A or something similar. Therefore I might also prefer to just call here, but it ain't that wrong if you had read that he guy is very loosish and may even able to Call the river with a lot weaker pair than just Ax.

Best regards.