Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($12.55)
      Hero ($11.59)
      UTG ($1.30)
      CO ($13.81)
      BTN ($9.65)

Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: Q:heart:

UTG calls $0.10, CO raises to $0.45, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.50, fold, CO calls $1.05

FLOP ($3.15) Q:club: 8:diamond: 3:club:

Hero bets $1.75, CO calls $1.75

TURN ($6.65) Q:club: 8:diamond: 3:club: 3:spade:

Hero bets $3.60, CO folds

Hero shows Q:diamond: Q:heart:

Hero wins $6.21

sazing ok?
  • 2 replies
    • DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      I would bet bigger on the flop, around 2$, simply because when you contibet you will bet around 2$. When you hit a special hand you should deviate from your standart line, so that your opponent won't "feel" that something "is different". You will also get a little more value from Qx, or pockets, and you are also willing to protect you against a flush draw (AcKc ?).

The turn bet is fine in my opinion. Maybe it could have been bigger since the hands that will call 1/2pot will certainly call 2/3, maybe 3/4 pot, so I would still have played it 2/3 pot, but I don't think it's wrong to halfpot here, you already got good value and protection on the flop, and now you only need to feed the pot.
    • funktor
      funktor
      Bronze
      Hi deivid2!

Your bet sizing looks fine, you flopped nuts, for flop you may not want to go over $1.9 here, only possible draw is flush . EDIT: There are as well possible some gutshots with JTs, T9s, J9s, so go for 1.9-$2.

Turn is different.... how aggresive is the villain? You may as well decide to check to him and either reshove over his bet (if the bet is bigger), or let him bluff 2 streets. But for that he must be really aggressive.

If you decide to bet bet smalish here to let him do someting spewy or draw to flush. Your 1/2 POT is ok, but I would consider even smaller like $2.4. If the flush hits you can shove the river yourself and hope for call.

Regards

Funktor