Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $7,21
      Hero:
      $10

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.96 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q:diamond: , J:diamond:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0,30, 2 folds, BB calls $0,20.

Flop: ($0,65) Q:club: , J:heart: , 5:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,4, BB calls $0,40.

Turn: ($1,45) K:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1,3, BB raises to $5,35, Hero raises to $9,30 (All-In), BB calls $1,16 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

River: ($14,47) 2:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $14,47

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Qd Jd)
      BB shows a straight, ace high (Ac Th)

BB wins with a straight, ace high (Ac Th)

Is it ok to go broke vs fish and/or full stacked regular? Still think I'm beat most of the time though.

Edit: Yes, the flop bet was a small mistake by me, should been $0.50 as I always do 3/4 pot size cbets.
  • 2 replies
    • DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      Don't like that, against such a station the checkraise might indicate a set, or two pairs (KJ, KQ, or K8s) basically. If he hit his 2pairs on the turn then you're behind, as well as for the set. I'd just fold it there, against such a fish better opportunities will show up by themselves, and likely to be really soon, just by playing hands against him.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello ragney,

Flop: Yeah, you could be a bit bigger, for building up the pot.
      Turn: It's kinda close, since those fishes usually are passive and a lot of better 2pairs hit now, like KQ, KJ, K5 (could be in fishings Calling range) and also straight, I'd rather Bet/Fold here, I don't really see him shoving over our bet with a lot worse, being so passive.

Best regards.