[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH - AKs

• ragney
      Known players:

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.96 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:heart: , K:heart:
      3 folds, BU raises to $0,40, SB folds, Hero raises to $1,30, BU calls $0,90.

Flop: ($2,65) 9:diamond: , 4:heart: , 4:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1,8, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2,65

I'm quite noob when it comes to such flop. Villian seems to be a decent regular. Is a standard size (2/3) cbet on that flop good idea? I do cbet when its a A, K or Q-high board even though I am sometimes bluff 3betting for blindsteal or 3betting for value.
  • 2 replies
    • DoigteurFou
      If he is a regular then he knows the fold button. On NL10 SH I tend to contibet all spots, and only start to select the flops on which to contibet when I start to be reraised or floated too often (and often it takes so much hands before opponents start to adapt, even if they are regulars). If he floats you then you will have a free card, that's 12% to hit your top pair.

This is especially important when being OOP. Think about it: I'm calling a raise with 87s in position. Flops comes 944. Preflop aggressor checks??? Okay thank you for the pot!
    • veriz
      Hello ragney,

I'd still CBet here, he still may Call our 3bet pretty loose, I'd stop CBetting into him if I knew that he is floating a lot and also mostly calling our 3bet only with some kind of PP. The CBet doesn't even have to be that big, ~$1.60 should perfectly do it.

Best regards.