This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL25 Rush KQo OOP

• jozata
      jozata
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $39.00
      MP2:
      $25.25
      MP3:
      $49.86
      CO (Hero):
      $32.86
      BU:
      $21.02
      SB:
      $26.00

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q, K.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.85, BU calls $0.85, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($2.05) 3, A, Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($2.05) T (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.30, BU raises to $2.70, Hero calls $1.40.

River: ($7.45) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $3.40, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $7.45.

Villain-unnkown.I dont cbet the flop cause I dont see him call me with worse.Should I have folded to the small turn bet?
  • 5 replies
    • ttjjboy
      ttjjboy
      Silver
      no need to bet turn
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would prefer c-bet, since:
      - you c-bet that board close 100% with your air, so it would be nice if you have there also pair in your ranges and players don´t really attack that board too often that you should turn your hand into bluff catcher
      - It is very likely he would call with worse hands like KJ, QJ and either bets his floats on the turn or checks down or betting small medium strength hands
      - if you start c/c it is very easy to play against you and players can either bluff you out smt like overbets or valudown relentless, since you alway have there weak Ax or KK/Qx. So you´re always guessing but they know your exact hand. very hard to play that position oop.
      As played: I think you should b/c turn if you´re not c/c river. Players mostly doesn´t really min-raise bluff there that you should continue with your hand
    • jozata
      jozata
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      - you c-bet that board close 100% with your air, so it would be nice if you have there also pair in your ranges and players don´t really attack that board too often that you should turn your hand into bluff catcher
      - It is very likely he would call with worse hands like KJ, QJ and either bets his floats on the turn or checks down or betting small medium strength hands
      - if you start c/c it is very easy to play against you and players can either bluff you out smt like overbets or valudown relentless, since you alway have there weak Ax or KK/Qx. So you´re always guessing but they know your exact hand. very hard to play that position oop.
      As played: I think you should b/c turn if you´re not c/c river. Players mostly doesn´t really min-raise bluff there that you should continue with your hand
      I am not sure if I understand the last part.Dont you mean I should b/f turn if I am not c/cing river?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jozata
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      I am not sure if I understand the last part.Dont you mean I should b/f turn if I am not c/cing river?
      yes, since hands that he is raising turn are ahead your KQ. Only question is if you should consider any implied odds that you can b/c turn and then lead river if you hit for example J, Q, K, but being oop I think best is just b/f turn if you´re not going to showdown
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      I also cbet. Most of the time we are ahead here anyway, but if we ch/c on flop we are just guessing. Only thing for sure is: villain knows our hand is not very strong (otherwise we would always protect).

As played b/f turn since we cant continue against unknown villain (well, if we do we are just guessing).