[NL2-NL10] C-bet or not ATs NL10 FR

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Wasnt sure whether or not to c bet on this board. There were some draws out there and I had both players labelled as either Loose/Calling stations, so I figured c-betting OOP would only inflate the pot with a small chance of winning on the flop.

I think the flop call was very bad in hindsight. However, I think at least one opponent would stack off if I hit my gutshot due to their style of play. Should we ever consider implied odds with gutshots or is it too long odds to ever be profitable? Plus I hought my As may be live in addition to the gutshot outs.

If my calculations are right I would need one of my opponents to invest at least $3 extra in order to make calling the flop to hit my gutshot profitable long run ( as this would give me at least 11-1)

Pacific Poker - $0.10 NL - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BB: $2.68
      UTG: $9.70
      UTG+1: $1.00
      MP: $2.94
      MP+1: $2.00
      LP: $13.01
      Hero (CO): $15.52
      BTN: $7.84
      SB: $21.36

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has A:spade: T:spade:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.10, MP calls $0.10, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.60, BTN calls $0.60, fold, fold, fold, MP calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.05, 3 players) J:club: Q:spade: 3:diamond:
      MP checks, Hero checks, BTN bets $0.50, MP calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

Turn: ($3.55, 3 players) T:club:
      MP bets $1.84, fold, BTN calls $1.84

River: ($7.23, 2 players) K:heart:

MP shows 9:heart: 8:club: (Straight, King High) (PreFlop 36%, Flop 9%, Turn 93%)
      BTN shows Q:club: T:heart: (Two Pair, Queens and Tens) (PreFlop 64%, Flop 91%, Turn 7%)
      MP wins $6.87
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello muel294,

I don't like CBetting here either into so loose opponents, and likely even it's pointless. Also yes, the flop calculation is correct. If you think you can get from them more than $3 then you are getting correct implied odds(11:1). Therefore flop call should be fine. Otherwise turn is a pretty easy fold.

Best regards.
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Thanks veriz,

I think I'm often too quick to fold gutshots. I don't really like calling even for implied odds though as it seems kind of spewy, but I suppose its good in certain situations for balance and deception.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by muel294
      Thanks veriz,

I think I'm often too quick to fold gutshots. I don't really like calling even for implied odds though as it seems kind of spewy, but I suppose its good in certain situations for balance and deception.
      You are welcome! But it ain't a mistake to fold it directly. You just avoid further mistakes. :) At the beginning I might even advice you to stay away from such situation and usually have position on the opponents.