This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] C-bet or not ATs NL10 FR

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Wasnt sure whether or not to c bet on this board. There were some draws out there and I had both players labelled as either Loose/Calling stations, so I figured c-betting OOP would only inflate the pot with a small chance of winning on the flop.

I think the flop call was very bad in hindsight. However, I think at least one opponent would stack off if I hit my gutshot due to their style of play. Should we ever consider implied odds with gutshots or is it too long odds to ever be profitable? Plus I hought my As may be live in addition to the gutshot outs.

If my calculations are right I would need one of my opponents to invest at least $3 extra in order to make calling the flop to hit my gutshot profitable long run ( as this would give me at least 11-1)

Pacific Poker - $0.10 NL - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BB: $2.68
      UTG: $9.70
      UTG+1: $1.00
      MP: $2.94
      MP+1: $2.00
      LP: $13.01
      Hero (CO): $15.52
      BTN: $7.84
      SB: $21.36

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has A:spade: T:spade:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.10, MP calls $0.10, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.60, BTN calls $0.60, fold, fold, fold, MP calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.05, 3 players) J:club: Q:spade: 3:diamond:
      MP checks, Hero checks, BTN bets $0.50, MP calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

Turn: ($3.55, 3 players) T:club:
      MP bets $1.84, fold, BTN calls $1.84

River: ($7.23, 2 players) K:heart:

MP shows 9:heart: 8:club: (Straight, King High) (PreFlop 36%, Flop 9%, Turn 93%)
      BTN shows Q:club: T:heart: (Two Pair, Queens and Tens) (PreFlop 64%, Flop 91%, Turn 7%)
      MP wins $6.87
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello muel294,

I don't like CBetting here either into so loose opponents, and likely even it's pointless. Also yes, the flop calculation is correct. If you think you can get from them more than $3 then you are getting correct implied odds(11:1). Therefore flop call should be fine. Otherwise turn is a pretty easy fold.

Best regards.
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Thanks veriz,

I think I'm often too quick to fold gutshots. I don't really like calling even for implied odds though as it seems kind of spewy, but I suppose its good in certain situations for balance and deception.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by muel294
      Thanks veriz,

I think I'm often too quick to fold gutshots. I don't really like calling even for implied odds though as it seems kind of spewy, but I suppose its good in certain situations for balance and deception.
      You are welcome! But it ain't a mistake to fold it directly. You just avoid further mistakes. :) At the beginning I might even advice you to stay away from such situation and usually have position on the opponents.