question about phases.

• MishkaR
      MishkaR
      Bronze
      i played a MT SnG today and i have a question that have been bugging for quite some time.

i found myself at the push fold stage with 6500 chips in hand (blinds 300/600), so i used the pushfold charts, pushed all in,won, and found myself with appx. 13,000 chips (21 blinds).

the question is: what do i do now ?
      do i return to the middle stage (i still have a decent amount of players to compete against) ?
      or do i continue to push fold till i win or bust ?

btw, if anyone cares, i ended the SnG at the 26 place out of 350, went all with KK and lost to AQs.
      at least i got paid..
  • 1 reply
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      You need to look at the effective stack depth. If you have 20 bb, but the players acting after you only have 10 bb, then you should still play push/fold.

If some players have 20 bb, too, then you have a resteal stack. This means you usually don't open-push, but you have to be careful that if you raise, a resteal all-in is convenient. Usually make small raises (under 3 bb), but with a tighter range than you could raise with a larger or smaller effective stack depth. If another 20 bb stack pushes, you generally want to fold the bottom of your range from that position, and call with the top of your range.