This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH - KQ hits king against tight opponent that is targetting me :)

• DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $8,04
      Hero:
      $18,95
      BU:
      $10

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.94 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:diamond: , Q:club:
      MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0,30, BU calls $0,30, SB folds, BB calls $0,20.

Flop: ($0,95) K:spade: , 9:club: , 4:spade: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,6, BU calls $0,60, BB folds.

Turn: ($2,15) 9:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, BU raises to $3,50, Hero calls $2,50.

River: ($9,15) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $6,4, BU folds.

Final Pot: $15,55

I cracked my opponent's AA just a couple of hands ago with T5s at the button, and since then he started to play against me (floats, reraise me when I get involved into pots...etc...)
      What do you think of my play? I called his turn bet because it was exactly the same pattern as the hand when I cracked his aces (flop a pair, call the continuation bet, then reraise when I hit the trip on turn). I decided to call down turn. When I got the queen I decided for a value bet, but I'm not quite sure about it afterwards...
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DoigteurFou,

Actually as your reads saying that he started playing back on you and he could easily be on tilt after you cracked his AA, therefore I like your Bet/Call the turn. Also the 9 on turn make him unlikely to have a set or something similar, also he could take it easily as a good bluff card. But I'd likely let him bet again on river himself, if he is tilted then he might even bet himself again, we wont get Called by a lot worse there anyways.

But without any kind of reads that he might be tilted or playing back, I might even sometimes Bet/Fold the turn against some passive opponents.

Best regards.