[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH - KQ hits king against tight opponent that is targetting me :)

• DoigteurFou
      Known players:

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.94 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:diamond: , Q:club:
      MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0,30, BU calls $0,30, SB folds, BB calls $0,20.

Flop: ($0,95) K:spade: , 9:club: , 4:spade: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,6, BU calls $0,60, BB folds.

Turn: ($2,15) 9:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, BU raises to $3,50, Hero calls $2,50.

River: ($9,15) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $6,4, BU folds.

Final Pot: $15,55

I cracked my opponent's AA just a couple of hands ago with T5s at the button, and since then he started to play against me (floats, reraise me when I get involved into pots...etc...)
      What do you think of my play? I called his turn bet because it was exactly the same pattern as the hand when I cracked his aces (flop a pair, call the continuation bet, then reraise when I hit the trip on turn). I decided to call down turn. When I got the queen I decided for a value bet, but I'm not quite sure about it afterwards...
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello DoigteurFou,

Actually as your reads saying that he started playing back on you and he could easily be on tilt after you cracked his AA, therefore I like your Bet/Call the turn. Also the 9 on turn make him unlikely to have a set or something similar, also he could take it easily as a good bluff card. But I'd likely let him bet again on river himself, if he is tilted then he might even bet himself again, we wont get Called by a lot worse there anyways.

But without any kind of reads that he might be tilted or playing back, I might even sometimes Bet/Fold the turn against some passive opponents.

Best regards.