Hero (CO): $26.66
      BTN: $17.75
      SB: $24.75
      BB: $32.02
      UTG: $24.75
      UTG+1: $5.70
      MP: $24.65

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is CO with A :diamond: 7 :diamond:
      2 folds, MP calls $0.25, Hero raises to $1.10, 2 folds, BB calls $0.85, MP calls $0.85

Flop: ($3.40) 9 :spade: 9 :diamond: 3 :diamond: (3 players)
      BB bets $2.25, MP calls $2.25, Hero calls $2.25

Turn: ($10.15) J :diamond: (3 players)
      BB checks, MP bets $3.00, Hero raises to $9, BB folds, MP calls $6

River: ($28.15) K :spade: (2 players)
      MP bets $12.30, Hero calls $12.30

BB is 23/9/22 (VPIP/PFR/AFq)after 132 hands
      MP was unknown then.

Here I have one general question. How to play draws on paired board like this?? Is this a good idea to raise him on turn (his weak donk looks weird and I wanted to commit him so I didn't see any reason to raise it bigger- maybe my bad )???
      Should I just call him down especially that maybe I could keep 2nd fish in the pot to the river ??
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      problem with your hand is that it is still A high although you have there very strong draw and 45% you end up with A high, so being aggressive and ip I think I like raising to 9$, since Bb would lead out very often with air or marginal pp that he is going to b/f and MP can have there also everything starting with flushdraws and ending pp-s
      If none of them has 9x, you take pot down on the flop or shoving on turn (even if it is blank) a lot of times.
      Like your turn raise for value, since you should get money in at one point and best way to raise close with nuts :)
    • franeczek
      franeczek
      Global
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      problem with your hand is that it is still A high although you have there very strong draw and 45% you end up with A high, so being aggressive and ip I think I like raising to 9$, since Bb would lead out very often with air or marginal pp that he is going to b/f and MP can have there also everything starting with flushdraws and ending pp-s
      If none of them has 9x, you take pot down on the flop or shoving on turn (even if it is blank) a lot of times.
      I am confused a little bit. they are both fish so I am IP and I thought that there is better value in keeping both of them in the pot cause it is very likely that at least one of them will pay me off when I hit.
      Let's assume that I would raise flop there. What would you do if one of them jam vs your raise??? We can't really raise/fold here cause that's kinda spew... If he jam we usually have 25-40% depends on his holding (so I would say around 33% vs his range).
      If just called your plan is to shove any turn that isn't 3 or 9,right??
      In first post I wanted your advice so I will ask again maybe now I will try to make it clear ;) ?
      How does your line differ depend on flop texture when you have fludh draw (let's assume that this is nut fd)?? Would it be the same line on board like this (so paired board where we have reverse implied odds that sucks)???
      Assuming that we are IP cause that's the most relevant when would you consider raising and when would you just call Villian down??
      Do you alway play draws aggresively??
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by franeczek
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      I am confused a little bit. they are both fish so I am IP and I thought that there is better value in keeping both of them in the pot cause it is very likely that at least one of them will pay me off when I hit.
      Let's assume that I would raise flop there. What would you do if one of them jam vs your raise??? We can't really raise/fold here cause that's kinda spew... If he jam we usually have 25-40% depends on his holding (so I would say around 33% vs his range).
      If just called your plan is to shove any turn that isn't 3 or 9,right??
      In first post I wanted your advice so I will ask again maybe now I will try to make it clear ;) ?
      How does your line differ depend on flop texture when you have fludh draw (let's assume that this is nut fd)?? Would it be the same line on board like this (so paired board where we have reverse implied odds that sucks)???
      Assuming that we are IP cause that's the most relevant when would you consider raising and when would you just call Villian down??
      a lot of questions. Trying to answer them as well as I can.

- true, but you´re underestimating your fold equity. Right now you´have A high and you miss half the times flushdraw and ace. That´s why I´d prefer raising flop to increase my fold equity and make them decision if they want to play for stacks (mostly they don´t)

- true we have to call getting these pot odds, but again they don´t shove that often, more likely they would just b/f or call flop and fold tot urn shove. 30-40% equity is around right. Sometimes we are even ahead against smt like KdQd

If just called your plan is to shove any turn that isn't 3 or 9,right??, although 3 is not the worst cad in the deck
      - yes

- it so much depends on the players and what I can rep. If I raised pf and player lead into me I can easily raise flop and rep anything with flush draw starting with overpairs and ending sets. On paired board it doesn´t really change that much. he sometimes has there boat and I´m drawing dead, but mostly he has there still overpair, trips or worse flushdraw and I´m generally doing fine against that range since I always have fold equity against donks or c-bets.

- well i think you can´t really call people down with A high so at one point you have to either make your hand or turn it bluff. If I make my flush I´d usually shove river still for value since he can b/c with worse hands

- if depends on the player. If I don´t want to bet and then call shove smt like 67dd on QdJs4d board then I can also consider just calling especially ip. But with A high flushdraw I tend to raise, since I don´t mind playing for stacks and I balance my range when I would raise there two pair+