This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] 50NL rush KJ river bluff in 3bet pot

• ArtisSkirpa
      ArtisSkirpa
      Silver
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):
      $53.25
      SB:
      $19.50
      BB:
      $64.85
      MP2:
      $50.25
      MP3:
      $66.35
      CO:
      $53.25

Preflop: Hero is BU with J, K.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, SB folds, BB raises to $5.50, Hero calls $4.00.

Flop: ($11.25) Q, 4, 8 (2 players)
      BB bets $6.00, Hero calls $6.00.

Turn: ($23.25) 6 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $12.00, BB calls $12.00.

River: ($47.25) 7 (2 players)
      BB checks, [COLOR=red]Hero ?

Villain is 21/18, 8.9 3bet, 100 fold to 4bet, 89 cbet, 17 WTSD over 500 hands

Preflop: I called IP because I think KJs is good enough to play vs his wide 3betting range, too good to 4bet bluff.

Flop: I decided to float, because he should be cbetting this flop with most of his air, the Q of spades also gives us a ton of backdoor draws (backdoors FTW obv)

Turn: So when he checks the turn I think he is mostly giving up and is just going to ch/fold a ton here, so I just 1/2 potted it. We also have no SD value, no draw so we're not giving anything up if he ch/raises.

River: I think we can get him off a ton of his range here, like the 99-JJ 89s, maybe some weak queens and definitely A highs like AK if he decided to peal the turn with that. Is this a profitable river shove here?
  • 2 replies
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      I agree with your play on pre-flop-turn. I'd play it the same way for the reasons you mentioned.

The river is a pretty good spot to shove imo, reasons being its hard for him to call you with anything less then a Q, considering there was absolutely no draws at any point in the hand so its way harder for him to make a hero call here since he can't put you on a busted draw. You also get a pretty good price on your bluff as well.

And like you sad, there's many hands his peeling the turn with that can't stand a river shove, unless you got a crazy maniac image. It also depends if your opponent is tricky and can play big hands that way as well.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      17% wtsd would likely not c/c river with TT/JJ, so if you think like 3 sec and then shove for "value" I think he would fold everything else than KQ+
      Agree your flop float and turn bet. But since I´m not sure if you want to shove for example T, A, K or call J, K cards I think you can also just raise flop to 13$.
      It is good imo the next reasons:
      - If he is not crazy then he would b/f there AK/AJ/AT that he might barrle even on blank turn cards especially if he picks up flushdraw
      - most players would b/f there JJ-99. If you just call then he would very likely c/c these hands on the turn and decides on the river if he wants to call shove
      - You don´t really have that much showdown with K high that you can check it down and expect to be ahead (what you may consider doing for example the same situation AJs)