RIVER ($4.80) Q:spade: 7:club: A:heart: J:club: K:diamond:

SB checks, Hero bets $1.50, SB calls $1.50

vpip: 22, pfr: 14, af: 4.0, 152 hands
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello nktns,

Preflop: What's his Fold to 3bet? I might even consider just to take down the pot with 3betting but of course Calling and playing him postflop is totally fine. Also rather take Calling line against such opponents who you could also overplay postflop, if you don't hit.
      Postflop: Till river it seems to be fine, but there it's kinda questionable. From how many hands do we get value, which he could be raising from MP? Therefore I see only value from we get is AJ against his PFR and maybe rarely also KQ. So therefore I might even prefer to Check behind and also see the showdown, we will also see his hand with what he did pick the line Check/Call flop and donk the turn, could be AJ. The note should be in long run pretty valuable, for example if he is donking there with draws or something similar. What did he have?

Best regards.
    • nktns
      nktns
      Bronze
      He had 77.

I bet river to get value from hands like KQ/AJ/QJ because i think he will bet straight more often than not and i dont expect him to have QQ/AA/JJ/KK here. i may make it even smaller to induce a call but that was my overall reasoning of bet.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by nktns
      He had 77.

I bet river to get value from hands like KQ/AJ/QJ because i think he will bet straight more often than not and i dont expect him to have QQ/AA/JJ/KK here. i may make it even smaller to induce a call but that was my overall reasoning of bet.
      Anyways it's very thin value bet on river, sometimes I even prefer to just Check behind for exactly that reason that we also will see his hand. :) Which might be worth a lot more in future than this $1,50.