Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $2,07
      Hero:
      $4,21

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.95 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with K:heart: , K:spade:
      Hero calls $0,05, 5 folds, SB raises to $0,20, BB folds, Hero raises to $0,85, SB calls $0,65.

Flop: ($1,75) K:diamond: , 6:spade: , 3:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $1,22 (All-In), Hero calls $1,22.

Turn: ($4,19) 7:spade:
      River: ($4,19) 2:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4,19

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three-of-a-kind, kings (Kh Ks)
      SB shows (Ah Kc)

Hero wins with three-of-a-kind, kings (Kh Ks)

what do you think about this move..there was some agro so i decide to check/re-raise ..good or bad?
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello crodady,

Raise it up preflop, I don't like Limp/Raise at all! You are representing only KK/AA, often when I see such a play I even fold my QQ very easily. :) Also your 3bet is a bit too big, ~$0,60 should do it. Flop is pretty standard.

Best regards.
    • crodady
      crodady
      Bronze
      i just love to make bigger preflop..e.g on this hand 4x0.20...how big is mistake?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by crodady
      i just love to make bigger preflop..e.g on this hand 4x0.20...how big is mistake?
      You mean you love to make bigger your raise with hands like KK/AA? :D Then it ain't. :) And actually I would raise it bigger against big stations but not against that tight, we have to extract value from them not make them fold. Such a bigger raise usually indicates to a very strong hand.
    • crodady
      crodady
      Bronze
      damit you read me like book :D ..i must correct my preflop raising :f_biggrin:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by crodady
      damit you read me like book :D ..i must correct my preflop raising :f_biggrin:
      Hehe, they are pretty standard NL10 moves, or those stakes. People tend to pick such lines very often. You will start to understand it sooner or later also and will understand their ranges and raises also, how they act in specific situations, what could they be having when they limp/raise and etc.