This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl2 99

• Royaltramp
      Royaltramp
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $3.39
      Hero:
      $4.12
      MP1:
      $2
      MP2:
      $0.98
      CO:
      $2

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9:heart: , 9:diamond: . MP1 posts a blind of $0.02.
      UTG2 folds, MP1 checks, MP2 calls $0.02, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.01, BU folds, SB calls $0.01, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.09) T:heart: , 9:spade: , 8:heart: (5 players)
      SB bets $0.1, Hero raises to $0.30, 3 folds, SB calls $0.20.

Turn: ($0.69) T:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.5, SB calls $0.50.

River: ($1.69) A:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.25, SB folds.

Final Pot: $2.94

--- Anything you'd do differently here? I raised the flop because it was such a draw heavy board that I felt I had to protect it, then made a ~3/4 bet on the turn, hoping they had a T since I now had FH. Unfortunately if they did have the T the river wasn't the most helpful card as they could now put me on a flush and fold, but I had to bet for value here either way.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Royaltramp,

You could also raise it preflop but of course it ain't wrong to just Check and hope to hit a set or something similar. Sometimes it's safer to play with such PPs in smaller pots since you might overplay them and put yourself into big trouble, therefore I don't mind your Check behind preflop. Otherwise your play is totally fine! Nice hand!

Best regards.