[NL2-NL10] AQ vs AK

• crodady
      Known players:

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.95 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:heart: , Q:heart:
      2 folds, MP2 calls $0,05, MP3 calls $0,05, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0,20, BB folds, MP2 calls $0,15, MP3 folds.

Flop: ($0,50) A:spade: , 7:club: , 4:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,35, MP2 raises to $0,70, Hero calls $0,35.

Turn: ($1,90) 6:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,1, MP2 raises to $0,50, Hero calls $0,40.

River: ($2,90) 7:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,2, MP2 raises to $1,00, Hero calls $0,80.

Final Pot: $4,90

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP2 shows two-pair, aces and sevens (Ad Kd)
      Hero shows (Ah Qh)

MP2 wins with two-pair, aces and sevens (Ad Kd)

how would you play this hand..is there any space for fold?

• 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello crodady,

Preflop: Raise it bigger, ~$0.35, since there are 2 limpers and add 1BB because of being OOP.

As played
      Flop: It's rather just Bet/Fold, he ain't that aggressive that he would do that with a lot worse hands. We are just putting ourself into trouble on turn, since we are OOP and we don't really know how to act against his bet again. But I am not saying that Bet/Call on flop is wrong, sometimes I'd play like that also for example if we had position on him. The Call is considerable just because there are so many draws which he could be playing exactly the same way.
      Also take into consideration that such Limp/Call preflop and then such a raise on flop is often a pretty strong hand from such a passive guy.

As we went to showdown but actually what I wouldn't really, since we don't beat much, I'd also take a note on him, with what he did limp and played like that.

Best regards.