[NL2-NL10] Nl2 SB AA

• Jeffers16
      Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.95 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:heart: , A:club:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.02, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.02, MP3 calls $0.02, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.16, 3 folds, MP3 calls $0.14.

Flop: ($0.38) A:spade: , K:heart: , Q:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.24, MP3 calls $0.24.

Turn: ($0.86) Q:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

River: ($0.86) 5:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.62, MP3 calls $0.62.

Final Pot: $2.10

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP3 shows (Kc Tc)
      Hero shows a full-house, aces full of queens (Ah Ac)

Hero wins with a full-house, aces full of queens (Ah Ac)

Flop: I didn't bet the flop too big as I thought this was a pretty scary flop for a large part of his preflop limp/calling range.

Turn: I felt hands he could call the flop cbet with are AJ, AT, KJ, KT, QJ, QT, JT, maybe JJ and TT, although not as likely. Many of these hands I think fold to a second barrel so I thought I would either let him try to float me or if he checks behind hope that he hit on the river.

Anything I should have done differently?

Edit- Looking at it now I think second barreling would be better as actually a large part of the range he calls the flop with would now call a second bet. So barreling all 3 streets the best option right?

• 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello Jeffers16,

On such limits I often prefer to just Bet/Bet/Bet in this situation, we often miss a lot value from them, they might even Check behind for example Qx on turn. Usually we use Check/Raise turn when we are very deep and can't get his whole stack and we are trying to get bigger stack with Check/Raising but in this case, we don't really have to worry about the full stack, with just betting all 3 streets we still get his whole stack.

Best regards.