[NL2-NL10] NL5 FR how is this play?

• alexgeor
      alexgeor
      Bronze
      im punishing the limpers hard time lately which makes me some nice bb/100.

sometimes hands like this happen:

villain just came back, I dont have any history or stats since im on the table for the second orbit.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Known players:
      MP3:
      $5.00
      CO:
      $5.00
      BU:
      $6.79
      SB (Hero):
      $4.81
      BB:
      $4.97
      UTG1:
      $8.02
      UTG2:
      $5.67
      MP1:
      $11.51
      MP2:
      $3.63

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3, 2.
      CO posts deadblind, 5 folds, CO checks, BU folds, Hero raises to $0.25, BB folds, CO calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.55) 3, 4, A (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.35, CO calls $0.35.

Turn: ($1.25) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.10, CO calls $1.10.

River: ($3.45) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.11, CO calls $3.11.

Final Pot: $9.67.

Results follow:

CO shows two pairs, aces and fives(6d Ah).

Hero shows a straight, five high(3h 2h).

Hero wins with a straight, five high(3h 2h).

I think my shove on river was wrong, I could put him on Ax suited, no real chance of fhouse or higher straight (?) (two 3s on deck, aces would raise preflop + flop, only real chance 44 (no way he called preflop?) or A5... is there a chance he could call with 67???).

I tilted so badly by seeing the river I thought fuk it if he called till here with set or flush draw let the bstrd be payed.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello alexgeor,

Preflop: First of all, fold the hand preflop! I don't ever think that you are experienced enough that you play such situations profitable. As seeing your reactions postflop then I am pretty sure you ain't. There ain't much you want to hit postflop, only straight which allows you to continue, even flush sometimes is weak since it's only 3 high.

As played
      Postflop: Seems to be fine, since we can't really fold the river and likely betting smallish could easily commit us. Therefore shoving there is fine. Also they are way too loose on those stakes, they may easily Call us there with just Ax type of hands.

Best regards.