Solid results on MTT but SNG is going bad, whats going on?

• masterroj
      masterroj
      Bronze
      MTT's (+ 2 30plrs SNG's)........... After 14 MTT's over 7 days I have a ROI of 436.7% and 50% in the money. Have still had a lot of bad beats and could have had amazing results without those.

SNG's............. After 31 SNG's over 7 days I have a ROI of -33.9% and im in the money only 29% of the times. Have gone out on the bubble way to many times either with setups or bad beats here but should still have a positibe ROI and a higher %ITM.

Obviously the 50% ITM on MTT's will be very difficult if not impossible to keep up, but feel more relaxed playing those bc I can really wait for good hands. In SNG's it seems like I am not able to hit any hands and then I am standing their on the bubble having to play push & fold and get killed by fish who doesnt respect my raises.

Any help on this matter would be highly appriciated. Ill keep you updated on my results and hopefully the SNG results will turn around
  • 3 replies
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      anything can happen over a 31 game sample. just keep playing solid sng poker and you will grind out a profit in the long run. It will take you at least 1-2k games to discover if you are a winner or not, any sample before that is riddled with swings which will obviously have a huge effect on short-term results.
    • masterroj
      masterroj
      Bronze
      ok great thanks, should I play similar in MTT's and SNG's tho? I mean, obvioulsy the blinds moves up faster in SNG's and the number of players goes down so I need adjust to that but other than that? Is the starting hand charts good for SNG's as well (for me it is working great in MTT's with some adjustments depending on player styles etc.)
    • AquamanBT
      AquamanBT
      Bronze
      Originally posted by masterroj
      fish who doesnt respect my raises
      You actually want lots of those... They mean money to you, even when they bust your aces with 4-2os from time to time.