$16,69
      BB:
      $6,37
      CO:
      $21,15
      Hero:
      $15,13

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.96 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:spade: , A:diamond:
      2 folds, CO calls $0,10, Hero raises to $0,50, SB calls $0,45, BB calls $0,40, CO calls $0,40.

Flop: ($2,00) Q:heart: , 7:diamond: , 6:diamond: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, CO bets $0,4, Hero raises to $2,20, 2 folds, CO calls $1,80.

Turn: ($6,40) K:club: (2 players)
      CO bets $0,4, Hero calls $0,40.

River: ($7,20) 2:heart: (2 players)
      CO bets $6,72, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $13,92

Villain has a flop AF of 0.5, AFturn=0.8, AFriver=3.4. Easy fold right?
  • 4 replies
    • funktor
      funktor
      Bronze
      Hi DoigteurFou!

Considering villains AF 0.8, I like your play with folding on river. He bets really big in to us... due to his VP 67 he may hit what ever on this board, 2 pair, set, ...

POT size on river is ugly and you may not do much wrong by folding here.

Have you seen some similar betting pattern in past? donk small, donk small turn, and POT bet river? Note what this means.

Regards

Funktor
    • DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      I assumed this was slowplaying pattern. Donk small flop, donk small turn was used also with his weak made hands, and top pairs with weak kickers, but he was also a slowplaying guy. After seeing his call on my reraise flop, I played for pot control. Obviously with that in mind I had to fold on the river, but I wondered a little about it, if there was something wrong in my play (I was dealt 15 AA/KK today, I won three preflop because no one called my raises, and either lost or folded them on the board, so I posted this one where I doubted a little bit. As for the other ones, they were easy fold)
    • funktor
      funktor
      Bronze
      Veriz!

Any other comments? For me it looks like he has already some strong hand.

I see fold on river. Do you see it differently? Otherwise I do not see any wrong with the hand...

Funktor
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DoigteurFou,

It's definitely good play from you! He has us most of the time beat and one thing what I would do on that opponent is that I would note him down that he is trying to trap with such moves, as betting smallish for raise-induce and next time watch out. Good fold on river!

Best regards.