This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

ICM trainer difference

• Duncan737
      Duncan737
      Platinum
      Hi, I was learning with ICM trainer and tried 2% edge.
      I was quite confused with hand - HU 3:1 stack proportion, 12bb SS on SB, his calling range was around 34% and my suggested range was over 70%. When I typed hand into nash calculator villain's range was same, but pushing range was over 50%.
      Wide pushing range here (with same calling!) has contrary effect than getting more value from worse player or am I wrong?
  • 2 replies
    • gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      Apparently PokerStrategy's ICM trainer has major problems when you change the Edge settings. I've been told to leave it at 0 :)
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      That does sound buggy, but even if it worked as intended, you need a very clear, specific reason not to use an edge of 0%. Wanting to have a skill advantage over your opponents is not a reason to use a nonzero edge. Having a huge advantage over your opponents at that stack depth, and a large established ROI (say, over 20% in STTs) might be a reason to use a nonzero edge when large pots are likely, but almost no one has an ROI like that over a decent sample. The players with the highest ROIs don't look for edges to turn down. They try to find more edges to take.