SB = ($2.00)
      BB = ($2.00)
      UTG2 = ($3.14)
      MP1 = ($2.11)
      MP2 = ($3.42)
      MP3 = ($3.36)
      CO (Hero) = ($2.20)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, Q.
      UTG2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.08, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.08, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.19) 9, Q, 4 (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.09, MP1 raises to $0.26, Hero raises to $0.50, MP1 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.45.
      He showed pocket jacks.

When I thought about my action, I had few options: fold - well, for sure there is AQ in his range but I didn´t find it very probable, he could also have set of nines, but I think he would bet first in that case. (Right??)

call - still don´t know if it wasn´t the better alternative ..

3bet - exactly what I did, if he would 4bet I would fold. If he would call, I probably wouldn´t bet on river again
      Was it good to 3bet him here ? Why/why not ?

He was kinda tight, looked like he has a brain
  • 4 replies
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Hi,
      imho you need a lot of deceleration here.First you should bet more on flop, at least 2/3 pot if flop is dry.Min3bet his c/r imho is bad option,you just boosting pot with likely dominated hand,he can have not AQ only,but QQ,KK,AA,99.What you do on turn if he just calls your 3bet?.what you do if he bets turn or river? and bets should be big on the river.I think u should only call on flop and try to get to showdown since you have hand.
      :f_confused:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello acceleration123,

First of all, even if you plan to 3bet there, then I would make it a bit bigger. 2nd thing is that you don't achieve anything with the 3bet, you just make worse hands to fold, also bluffs, you don't even give room them to continue bluffing if they are, and better hands will go broke. So therefore since it's NL2 I'd rather just Call the raise and let him continue with his worse hands and get it in on turn. Please next time also try to post to suits, will be better to evaluate the hand. :) Also make a bigger bet, ~2/3 pot.

Best regards.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Thank you guys, what you said makes sense.
      I think the reason why I did that was because I wanted to check what he really holding but call was definitely a better alternative.

I just want to ask one more thing, like dallievas had said why should I bet more on the flop when it is dry ? I thought that I should bet more on the board where draws are possible - cause I don´t want to give any free cards.
      I am used to usually bet 1/2 of a pot on the flop, is that wrong ? Should I bet more in general ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by acceleration123
      Thank you guys, what you said makes sense.
      I think the reason why I did that was because I wanted to check what he really holding but call was definitely a better alternative.

I just want to ask one more thing, like dallievas had said why should I bet more on the flop when it is dry ? I thought that I should bet more on the board where draws are possible - cause I don´t want to give any free cards.
      I am used to usually bet 1/2 of a pot on the flop, is that wrong ? Should I bet more in general ?
      Nope, it ain't that wrong. On such board you can likely even consider betting like $0,12 or something similar, doesn't always have to big that big. But $0,09 is likely too smallish.