I suck?

• RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Bronze
      Ok here is the deal. I played my way up to 200 dollars at nl 5 and took a shot at nl 10 lost 3 BI and stepped down again. Grinded my way up to 280 again and took another shot. lost 3 BI and stepped down again. grinded to 310 dollars and took a shot saying i wouldnt back down until i go under 200. Now im at 216 dollars and i dont know what the f to do. I keep winning at NL5 no problems but i can't seem to get NL10. I'm getting suckout after suckout. Running in to FDs with my sets and full houses with my flushes. did i have a hot run at NL5 and actually i suck?

My database with hands got deleted but im a steady winner at nl 5 over 30k hands for about 8bb/100. At NL10 not so much.

How should i adapt to NL10? Is it that much different from NL5? I really cant get my head around this.

I play rush btw.
  • 8 replies
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      I dont think you suck tbh.. i think you should def review your NL10 sessions, post a ton of hands (havent seen any in ur blog for a while) and then im sure you'll do well. Just dont give up. Im sure you dont wanna grind NL5 4life. :f_cool:
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      There is basically almost no difference between nl5 and nl10. Even nl25 is pretty much the same thing with still a lot of fishes so if you beat nl5 you shouldn't be having problems with nl10 or even nl25. Losing like 10 stacks really means less then nothing and it could be only variance, or you could be psychologicaly scared of nl10 because you lost a few BI's there and not playing your A game.
    • RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Bronze
      Thank you for your answers.

I'll probably grind my way up to 300$ again and try taking shots of 2BI stoploss.
    • SilverSag
      SilverSag
      Bronze
      I am so much with you there! I have same problem, just with NL10 and NL20/25.

I climbed from 10$ through NL1, NL5, NL10 and to NL20. BR was 900$ and I was thinking - this is fun! But since then it's slowly going downwards...

I am back to NL10 and struggling. If I have AQ, villain has AK. If I have set, villain has higher set. If I have straight, villain has flush... You get the picture.

If I bluff, villain never folds. If I have doubts and fold or check behind, he is sitting there with nothing.

All the lost hands I post for evaluation show that I am playing basically right, I just can't win. It is so frustrating...
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RainbowPonny
      Thank you for your answers.

I'll probably grind my way up to 300$ again and try taking shots of 2BI stoploss.
      2BI shots will seldom work. Grind it up to $300 and play more than 2 BIs. Do you play FR or SH?
    • RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Bronze
      SH. Well in that case ill try 5 BI shots. Going up and down between 250 and 300 ;)
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Meh, I play FR but maybe could help you a bit... Regarding moving up, I think being a bit more nitty and grinding it to ~$400 and have something like 10BIs for the shot is better simply because you won't be scared money and you get some volume before deciding if you can beat the limit or not. Add me in the Community Tool and I'll send you my Skype if you wanna talk more.
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      I think it was Verneer that suggested moving up and taking a 4BI shot at the next limit up.

The thing that struck me was that he suggested just trying to survive for as long as possible on those 4 BIs. In that time you start getting stats on the Regs, earn RB at a higher level and see that the game isn't much different to your previous limit.

Maybe give that a go.