Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG Hero ($12.03)
      CO betraisewtf ($11.03)
      BTN GIFTHORSES ($2.18)
      SB Tascon ($10.89)
      BB KacaCar83 ($13.29)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 5 players) Hero is UTG Q:club: Q:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.30, 3 folds, KacaCar83 raises to $1.20, Hero raises to $3, KacaCar83 goes all-in $13.29, Hero goes all-in $9.03

I played session without stats and didnt have any reads about my opponent.
      IMO i should fold to AI since there are not many hands I beat there, but would like to hear your opinion about the way I played.
      Cheers
  • 2 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      First reraise doesn't neccessary mean much.
      When you 3bet him you want to see where is he at.
      His 4bet is usually very narrow range - AA, AK, KK, QQ...since I don't believe he's doing this with TT or JJ. You didn't have stats and didn't know how agressive he was and more importantly how loose he was playing. If it is against unknown it is a fold I guess.

I usually call his reraise ($1,2) and play him oop and see how the board develops.

I don't go broke with AK here since it's not a good spot to gamble. I always go broke with KK.

If I see he reraises very often or even see his hand against other players and determine he has wider range than expected I would shove QQ against him. But until I don't see how exactly he plays I rather just call him preflop and go with the flow.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Sinnology,

After you 4bet him then you can't really fold it anymore, don't 4bet if you don't want to go broke. If you are kinda scared to play this way, then you can likely still Call and play it postflop in position. And reevaluate him right there, since it's true that his 3bet is pretty big, and he could be even representing a strong hand. But wouldn't be wrong to just fold it directly right there if you see him as pretty nitty opponent, who wouldn't really 3bet that big in this situation, less than KK+, sometimes that could be even the case that I prefer to fold it, even if I have position.

Best regards.