[NL2-NL10] NL2 FR JJ overpair vs maniac

• dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Hi,
      I get additional starting capital so sometimes have to play FR.Opps sometimes play so weird,that I don't know where I am at.
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $4.66
      BU:
      $1.61
      SB:
      $2.24
      BB (Hero):
      $2.38
      UTG1:
      $1.74
      UTG2:
      $3.02
      MP1:
      $2.09
      MP2:
      $2.00
      MP3:
      $2.14

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, J.
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.02, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.02, CO calls $0.02, BU calls $0.02, SB calls $0.01, Hero raises to $0.12, 2 folds, CO calls $0.10, 2 folds, SB folds.

Flop: ($0.32) T, 5, 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.24, CO raises to $0.48, Hero raises to $2.26, CO calls $1.78.

Turn: ($4.84) K (2 players)

River: ($4.84) A (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.84.

Opp is known to me 45/27/3.9/3bet 13/wts 28/fold to cbet 25/raise cbet 50 ,donk bet 70 ,246 hands,classified as aggro fish,had some reads that he bluffs.That session he 3barreled me with total air on Kxx tt board,3barreled some guy with IIp.PFR I raised a bit smaller,tried to keep him in pot.On flop decided to shove cos I don't like a lot of cards on turn,have some equity vs fd.
      Thanks.
      :f_confused:
  • 5 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      You shouldn't bet smaller to play with him! Bet bigger so he pays you more when he wants to play. I would bet $0,18 here (or even $0,20) and be happy if everyone folds because even if two players call you, you're in very bad position because there is a big possibility at least one overcard to your pair will come on the flop.

As played... I usually do the same against this kind of fishes - shove it as soon as possible.

Unfortunately he probably hit his KQ or AT but at least you know you played it correctly against him.
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      shouldn't bet smaller to play with him!

No, because he knows me as tight ok player ,so he sometimes fold pfr to me,I wanted to keep him with made hand.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dallievas
      shouldn't bet smaller to play with him!

No, because he knows me as tight ok player ,so he sometimes fold pfr to me,I wanted to keep him with made hand.
      But if you reraise him smaller with monsters and reraise him normal with potentialy good hands you're giving him a chance that he suckouts on you. This kind of players call with KT and go broke on K high flop, don't give him a chance to hit his K.

If you think you have and edge on him you should play a bit looser against him (if you have a position on him) so he pays you out when you get a monster.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      You can make it a littlebit larger pf to 0.16-0.18, but i think your main goal is still playing pots against that bad player and if you make it too large he would fold very large amount of his weak holdings.
      Bet/shove flop is fine. he has there enough draw/air or even top pair hands that would call you down because of your history, so getting all-in can´t be bad against that player
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Results follow:

CO shows a pair of tens(9 T).
      Hero shows a pair of jacks(J J).

Hero wins with a pair of jacks(J J).

Thanks very much for all :)
      Best regards,