Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2
      MP1:
      $19.06

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.96 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7:spade: , 7:club:
      UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.10, 5 folds, Hero raises to $0.50, MP1 calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.05) A:spade: , 9:spade: , 6:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.66, MP1 calls $0.66.

Turn: ($2.37) K:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.84 (All-In), MP1 calls $0.84.

River: ($4.05) Q:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.05

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP1 shows a flush, ace high (Js 6s)
      Hero shows (7s 7c)

MP1 wins with a flush, ace high (Js 6s)

Hi,

I raised preflop, so I continue the aggression on the Flop with cbet. Unfortunately, the villain called :f_cry: . On the turn, I feel I was pot commited and I need 21.83% minimum equity [0.84/(4.05*0.95]. I had 22.72% equity against Ax,9x and Kx. Should I cbet bigger or jam the Flop or check/fold the Flop?
      Any opinion is appreciated. Thanks :)
  • 4 replies
    • MeanGreen
      MeanGreen
      Bronze
      I think you should bet drawy flops more than 2/3 of the pot (and dry boards lower, like 1/2 potsized), so the flop is imho either push or fold.

I'm not sure about the range you compare your hand against, but I'd say your only chance to win the pot is with a flush or maybe a set, but you're only drawing to the 4th flush with 1 hole card and you could already be behind with the overcards on the flop and turn. I doubt this is a good spot to invest more money on the turn. You should plan ahead when betting the flop, because if you feel committed you should have pushed instead of bet.
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Thanks MeanGreen. You are right. I did this mistake because I played too many tables until can't make correct decision. :s_cry: I should play less table in future. I plan to move up the limit because I have 25 BI for the next limit.
      I would like to know, is that 25 BI enough for it? Thanks.
    • MeanGreen
      MeanGreen
      Bronze
      There's an interesting discussion going on on the dutch forums about aggressive bankroll management. PS teaches a pretty conservative BRM, to prevent people from going broke, but on the other hand, the faster you can climb the limits, the faster you might learn. Most of this isn't as important for SSS as the BRM for SSS is 30 BI for a next limit.

I guess you could move up with 25 buyins, as long as you can be strict with yourself and move down again when you have 20 or less buyins for that limit. A lot is about how comfortable you feel. I lost 6 BI in the first days on the new limit and I felt a lot better moving down again and not having to watch my bankroll take a big hit. On the other hand I know my BR will be fine if I keep playing my A game, but it still hurt to lose money so fast.

Another point is whether you're comfortable with your play. If you're faced with difficult decisions a lot, then you might consider working on those first, since the higher limit is only going to be about more difficult decisions, not less.

Also be careful about what I say in hand judging, I'm learning myself so I could be totally wrong :f_p:
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey JHTAN,

Preflop and flop are well played, however on the turn I would just go for a check/fold. If you push I don't see any fold equity and against his range it is very marginal, you even lack equity for a push if you add some made flushes to his range.

I don't think it's necessary to push flop when the c-bet is less than 50% of your stack and usually you will be way ahead/way behind on such a flop.

As for the BRM, for lower limits 30BI BRM seems fine, however I use 50BI on NL100+. You sure can move up the limits faster with a more aggressive BRM, but if you have too aggressive BRM you can move up a limit just being on a heater when you don't even beat your current limit and then face much struggle. For a beginner I would advise a more conservative BRM with less moving up and down the limits(with my BRM I barely ever had to move back down), while aggressive would be better for a player who already knows he can beat certain limits and has experience with variance in poker.

In general, you'll have to decide what BRM works best for you, but if you choose a more aggressive one you'll have to be this much more careful and know what you're doing. Just a warning of what may happen, I'm running 100BI below EV in the past 2 months on NL200 and when such a thing happens I am very happy to have a conservative BRM even though this means much more grinding before moving up.

Regards,
      burek2000