This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [sh] Nl 50 AK IP

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Full Tilt Pot-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

BB ($28.15)
      Hero (UTG) ($104.55)
      MP ($50.45)
      Button ($67.55)
      SB ($50)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A, K
      Hero bets $1.50, 2 folds, SB calls $1.25, BB calls $1

Flop: ($4.50) 6, 2, 5 (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $3, SB calls $3, 1 fold

Turn: ($10.50) 3 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($10.50) K (2 players)
      SB bets $8, Hero calls $8

Total pot: $26.50 | Rake: $1.30

Villain is 17/15/1.3 and 43 WTSD over 180 hands

I think it's safe to assume that villain is not using the K as a scare card to bluff.
      If this is correct should I fold against his suddenly found aggresion on the river? i assume he is playing this way his sets/2 pair/ straights and not many weaker hands that I beat
  • 2 replies
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      I dont hate a call on the river - he might choose to bluff a missed diamond draw some of the time. He also calls on the flop with KxQd sometimes in which case he definitely value bets river.

But I dont really like the cbet vs 2 players, especially without a diamond. I guess if neither has one, you get some folds, but without a high card, its hard to rep much so I rather just let this one go.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tim64
      I dont hate a call on the river - he might choose to bluff a missed diamond draw some of the time. He also calls on the flop with KxQd sometimes in which case he definitely value bets river.

But I dont really like the cbet vs 2 players, especially without a diamond. I guess if neither has one, you get some folds, but without a high card, its hard to rep much so I rather just let this one go.
      +1
      If you don´t plan 3 barrel that board I think best is just check7folding flop against two players
      I´d also call river, since never can be sure when he has there miss draw