[NL20-NL50] [sh] Nl 50 KK IP

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Full Tilt Pot-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

BB ($21.20)
      UTG ($163.50)
      MP ($92.70)
      CO ($112.25)
      Hero (Button) ($60)
      SB ($52.60)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K, K
      UTG calls $0.50, 2 folds, Hero bets $2, 2 folds, UTG calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.75) 8, 2, 4 (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $3.50, UTG calls $3.50

Turn: ($11.75) 4 (2 players)
      UTG bets $5.85, Hero calls $5.85

River: ($23.45) J (2 players)
      UTG bets $23.45, Hero folds

Total pot: $23.45 | Rake: $1.15

Villain is 35/17/1.8 over 90 hands

i dont really know what his river bet is supossed to mean even though I've seen it in the past often as a value betting line since everybody looks suspicious at that bet size.

And I don't know if it really makes sense for him to bluff there + I think there are quite some 4x in his range.
  • 4 replies
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      maybe make it 2.5$ pre vs loose limper to get more $ in the pot since you are a little deeper.

As played, call or fold river are both probably ok. Small turn bet could be suckerbet with 4x, in which case folding river will save us $, or could be cheap block bet to give good odds for draw. On river he then bluffs potsize after missed draw in which case we have a call.

I probably lean towards a call. Although there are some 4x hands in his range, there are also flush draws and other hands he may valuebet or turn into bluffs. He's not playing that many 4x hands, with 35vpip, that we have to put him on that hand - 45s mainly, maybe 46s - so actually only 4 combos.
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      I think that A4 and 34s are also in his range
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Well i think the fold is ok, but i'd still call here like always considering every possible draw missed, and there is very few hands your losing to. Basically the only 3 hands you lose to is 22, 88 and a 4x and there is a ton of straitdraws + flushdraws on this board.

Now you seem pretty weak in this hand by just calling the small turn bet on this drawy board so your range there is either 1pair hands or a draw and maybe a boat thats trapping. So if his capable of bluffing this is a pretty good spot to do it since he knows you will mostly have 1 pair here.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tim64
      maybe make it 2.5$ pre vs loose limper to get more $ in the pot since you are a little deeper.

As played, call or fold river are both probably ok. Small turn bet could be suckerbet with 4x, in which case folding river will save us $, or could be cheap block bet to give good odds for draw. On river he then bluffs potsize after missed draw in which case we have a call.

I probably lean towards a call. Although there are some 4x hands in his range, there are also flush draws and other hands he may valuebet or turn into bluffs. He's not playing that many 4x hands, with 35vpip, that we have to put him on that hand - 45s mainly, maybe 46s - so actually only 4 combos.
      +1
      I also tend to call them down
      His stats are 35/17/1.8, but players won´t really get monster stacks if they play straight forward, so more likely he likes also making plays and potting there worse hands than 4x
      Your hand is very strong and don´t really surprise if he´d shown As9x and also players rather like to trap and c/r turn their trips or boat than betting turn and potting river