[NL2-NL10] Mmmmm not sure what I make of this?

• Greedyfly
      Greedyfly
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $2.91
      MP3:
      $2.56
      CO:
      $0.83
      BU:
      $1.25
      SB (Hero):
      $2.86
      BB:
      $4.35
      MP1:
      $3.02

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, Q.
      3 folds, CO calls $0.02, BU calls $0.02, Hero calls $0.01, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.09) 7, Q, 8 (4 players)
      Hero bets $0.04, BB calls $0.04, CO folds, BU calls $0.04.

Turn: ($0.21) 5 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.10, BB folds, BU calls $0.10.

River: ($0.41) T (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.41.
  • 3 replies
    • crodady
      crodady
      Bronze
      Imo..preflop with KQ from SB if nobody raise you can open raise.
      flop bet 3/4 for protection and value

turn protecion bet becouse of FD..i would make again raise 3/4 pot

river BU didnt get his flush,i would check and give him opportunity to bluf or ill make 1/2 pot bet

nh

GL
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Hello,
      mine opinion like crodady.
      Preflop:You should raise preflop even from SB,KQo flop decent tpgk,and they both are ss or midstacks,so after flop you have low stack to pot ratio which is very ok if you flop tp.Raise 4xbb+1bb per limper and can add 1bb for being OOP, so 0,12-0,14.
      Flop: you should bet more for value (a lot of worse hands can call QJ,QT,draws like FD,various straight draws 9T,56,96 etc.).Should bet close to pot or pot (in unraised pot very common bet pot),at least 3/4 of pot.Main reason to get value and second additional reason protection of your hand.
      Turn:completes only 96,so you still have many worse hands to call,bet between 2/3 and 3/4 of pot.
      River:T can complete some strange gutshot like J9 :spade: ,not many of draws, QT for 2p,but bet 1/2 or slightly more (worse QJ should call).You can induce bluff if he is aggressive enough.He is halfstack ,I don't think you want to fold tpgk vs him,unless you know that he is betting or raising river with 2p+(like loose passive calling stations do).
      Someone said 'bet,bet ,bet until you get raised in micros'
      Hope it helps.
      :f_confused:
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dallievas
      Hello,
      mine opinion like crodady.
      Preflop:You should raise preflop even from SB,KQo flop decent tpgk,and they both are ss or midstacks,so after flop you have low stack to pot ratio which is very ok if you flop tp.Raise 4xbb+1bb per limper and can add 1bb for being OOP, so 0,12-0,14.
      Flop: you should bet more for value (a lot of worse hands can call QJ,QT,draws like FD,various straight draws 9T,56,96 etc.).Should bet close to pot or pot (in unraised pot very common bet pot),at least 3/4 of pot.Main reason to get value and second additional reason protection of your hand.
      Turn:completes only 96,so you still have many worse hands to call,bet between 2/3 and 3/4 of pot.
      River:T can complete some strange gutshot like J9 :spade: ,not many of draws, QT for 2p,but bet 1/2 or slightly more (worse QJ should call).You can induce bluff if he is aggressive enough.He is halfstack ,I don't think you want to fold tpgk vs him,unless you know that he is betting or raising river with 2p+(like loose passive calling stations do).
      Someone said 'bet,bet ,bet until you get raised in micros'
      Hope it helps.
      :f_confused:
      +1
      agree, raise pf and bet more postflop for value. Players make there very light calldowns