[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH - 99 as semi bluff 4bet?

• ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $20,92
      CO:
      $10

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.96 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 9:spade: , 9:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0,30, CO raises to $1,05, 3 folds, Hero raises to $2,20, CO raises to $10,00 (All-In), Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $4,55

Villian seems quite loose. Has a 13% 3bet preflop on 156 hands. My light 4bet was to check if he was bluffing or not. But from that position (not bu/sb/bb) they rarely 3bet bluff right?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello ragney,

Do you only took into account his 13% bet or did you also see him doing those light 3bets often previous hands? Therefore for example if he has done such moves earlier and often, I might even consider 4bet/Call his shove there. At some spot we have to play back against those maniac and our 99 is often even ahead against their shoving range. If we are planning to 4bet him here then I'd likely also Call the all-in with 99s. But I would do that against a maniac, if he hasn't really 3betting us and more likely seems to be tighter guy then, I'd just fold to his 3bet, we don't have to always fight back them. Sometimes is an option also to leave the table, when we have such a maniac, and seems that our cards ain't running that great.

Best regards.
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello ragney,

Do you only took into account his 13% bet or did you also see him doing those light 3bets often previous hands? Therefore for example if he has done such moves earlier and often, I might even consider 4bet/Call his shove there. At some spot we have to play back against those maniac and our 99 is often even ahead against their shoving range. If we are planning to 4bet him here then I'd likely also Call the all-in with 99s. But I would do that against a maniac, if he hasn't really 3betting us and more likely seems to be tighter guy then, I'd just fold to his 3bet, we don't have to always fight back them. Sometimes is an option also to leave the table, when we have such a maniac, and seems that our cards ain't running that great.

Best regards.
      Hey veriz,

His blind defense is quite good, 3betting/squeezing often. He sometimes do light 4bet bluffs when he's in the blinds. But those are mostly on the sb/bb position. If I had the position, I would have just called down his 3bet, maybe I should have just call his 3bet down also OOP. I've seen more of this type of players on NL10 (probably playing with stats) as they do light 4bets and sometimes shove hands like ATs OOP in after the enemy's light 5bet.

And yes, wich these people towards my left I usually leave the table.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hey veriz, His blind defense is quite good, 3betting/squeezing often. He sometimes do light 4bet bluffs when he's in the blinds. But those are mostly on the sb/bb position. If I had the position, I would have just called down his 3bet, maybe I should have just call his 3bet down also OOP. I've seen more of this type of players on NL10 (probably playing with stats) as they do light 4bets and sometimes shove hands like ATs OOP in after the enemy's light 5bet. And yes, wich these people towards my left I usually leave the table.

Blind defense is some other thing, therefore I'd rather just fold to his 3bet the 1st time and see how he continues playing. Calling doesn't make really sense, sense it will cost a lot on flop for us if we want to continue, and we will never know where we stand with our hand. Therefore I'd just fold and get more information on the opponent.