[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL25 Rush spew with 44?

• jozata
      jozata
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $31.18
      MP3:
      $30.17
      CO:
      $52.24
      BU (Hero):
      $37.91
      SB:
      $12.24
      BB:
      $25.25

Preflop: Hero is BU with 4, 4.
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.75, Hero raises to $2.25, 2 folds, CO calls $1.50.

Flop: ($4.85) 5, K, 5 (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $3.00, CO calls $3.00.

Turn: ($10.85) A (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $7.00, CO calls $7.00.

River: ($24.85) 8 (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $25.66

Final Pot: $24.85.

Villain-unknown.I find it hard to determine his range but I think it's mostly pockets like 88,99,10,JJ.Cbeting flop is standard I guess.The turn is a bit problematic but I decide to second barrel cause I dont see him having an ace here and I think I have FE.I shove the river cause I think that I have no showdown value and he should be able to fold a K here.So is my play spew?
  • 5 replies
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      First up, you shouldn't post the result of the hand in the hand eval forums.

IMO you shouldn't be 3-betting 44 without any reads. I'd much prefer a call pre-flop.

As played, I think the c-bet and second barrel are both fine. The river shove seems a bit spewy. There don't seem to be many hands left in his range that he will fold having called a three bet and two streets already.
    • franeczek
      franeczek
      Global
      The only thing that he folds on river is busted flush draw so you don't really have to bet that big on river cause any other hand is just calling maybe except KQ but you can't be sure cause you don't know Villian.
      But after he called your turn 2nd barell where A really improves your perceived range I don't see there enough fold equity to justify your 3rd barell.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Agree with the others. Prefer to just call with your pp.
      I think the second barrel on the turn is ok since villain should fold everything but his strongest hands. However, once he does call, I give up.

I wouldnt expect him to fold any value hand he called on turn with.
    • falcone1983
      falcone1983
      Bronze
      What all the others said.

But really, just flat this preflop against an unknown.

If you got called by KQ (or worse), make a note and don't ever try to bluff this guy again.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I also prefer call pf, unless blinds are 3-bet happy, then taking initiative and 3-betting deep is also fine.
      Flop and turn are fine. You can bet smaller amounts, but 3$ and 7$ should gain enough fold equity. I would also not shove river, since I think he won´t c/c me twice especially being deep with worse hands than Ax and once h calls turn I think he may also call you down with Kx, so you can´t be sure about the fold equity.