[NL2-NL10] Q9 2 pair drawy board.

• RainbowPonny
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q, 9.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, SB calls $0.13, BB calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.45) Q, 9, T (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.30, SB raises to $1.20, BB folds, Hero calls $0.90.

Turn: ($2.85) 8 (2 players)
      SB bets $2.25, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.85.

I call the flopraise because i think he can do this with top par like KQ and AK, also some str8draws. Now when he bets into me really big i think I'm always behind here, alot of str8s and sets hit his handrange so i decide to muck it. I'm thinking about if it would be a better play to just fold flop? but at the same time i think thats a bit too weak with top 2.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello RainbowPonny,

First of all, we don't have top 2 pairs, top 2 pairs would be QT. And in we are in such a multiway pot, it's kinda hard to go broke with just our 2weak pairs. Therefore I'd say your line is perfectly fine, even if the straight possibility comes on board, he still keeps barreling into us that big, I'd often expect them to have a better hand here, therefore good fold! And I wouldn't really Bet/Fold the flop, without any good reasons. But true that the raise seems to be kinda strong, and there are a lot of combos which beat us. Therefore if he seems to be kinda loose/passive opponent and mostly only raises with good hands, then you could even consider Bet/Folding on flop.

Best regards.