HEM HUD Stats and Table Scanner

• penfoldfan
      penfoldfan
      Bronze
      Hi all,

So for christmas i bought myself HEM... and after playing around with it for a bit i'm looking for some advice regarding how to set up my HUD effectively (what stats to use, how to colour code them effectively, what is a "high" VPIP etc etc)...

The other bit i'm struggling with is how to use the Table Scanner app properly too - i was hoping this would give me quite a bit of help in finding games to play, but at the moment it is of little use....

Is most of this a case of grinding hands until i have some good enough data to help with both of the above points??

Happy to share experiences and ideas, so if anyone out there can help or has similar questions then let me know!
  • 4 replies
    • fryandspicy
      fryandspicy
      Bronze
      Hi, this thread has some useful approximations in it regarding stat colour coding:

Colour Coding for Cash Games

As for table selection, you'll need to have a decent number of fish identified for it to have much use as far as i know. Just look for tables with high players per flop (>30%) and an average pot size over 15 big blinds.
    • elchipriota
      elchipriota
      Bronze
      Hi everyone, I recently changed my HUD and decided to colour code it for the first time.

I would really aprecciate it if you could have a look at the ranges I assigned below and give me your thoughts whether anything has to be changed.

PFR <12% (Is this too narrow?)
      <25%
      <INF

VPIP <15%
      <28%
      <INF

SB STEAL <55% (same for bb steal)
      <80%
      <INF

3bet <5%
      <10%
      <inf

Fold to 3bet <40%
      <65%
      <INF

Four bet range <5%
      <10%
      <inf

Flop Cbet <55%
      <80%
      <inf

Fold to flop Cbet <40%
      <65%
      <inf

Raise flop cb <10% (is this range too low?)
      <20%
      <inf

Fold flop Cb <50%
      to raise <70%
      <inf

Bet v missed CB IP <30% (same range for bet turn v missed cb oop)
      <50%
      <inf

Agg factor <1.5%
      <3.00%
      <5.00%

WTSD <20%
      <32%
      <inf
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Moved to Holdem Manager Board subforum guys ok?

Mal.
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      I don't think this question belongs to HEM technical support, its a strategy question :s_biggrin: