UTG+1: $2.68
      MP: $3.60
      MP+1: $1.77
      CO: $2.00
      BTN: $4.01
      Villain (SB): $1.38

Villain posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has Q:spade: K:spade:

Hero raises to $0.08, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Villain calls $0.07, fold

Flop: ($0.18, 2 players) 3:diamond: T:spade: J:club:
      Villain checks, Hero bets $0.11, Villain calls $0.11

Turn: ($0.40, 2 players) 8:club:
      Villain checks, Hero checks

River: ($0.40, 2 players) K:heart:
      Villain bets $0.34, Hero ???
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello dondiego2000,

Preflop: Actually I don't like the raise at all, from UTG with KQs, if you take a look into SHC then it also rather says that fold so, and I'd say the same, just because of the loose opponents on those levels, and it will be hard to play in multiway pot with just TP type of hand, therefore I might even just fold it here.

As played
      Postflop: The river is actually damn close, since he is representing a very strong hand with his near pot size bet. For example if we consider him being a standard loose/passive opponent then I don't really expect him to bet there with just hands like Tx, Jx or something similar, more often with hands like 2pairs or near that, therefore we could consider folding more often, also ain't worth risking, we haven't invested that much. But as we see him like more aggressive player, then you could even consider Calling there, since our Check behind on turn, could easily induce to bluff him.

Best regards.
    • dondiego2000
      dondiego2000
      Bronze
      Hi Veriz, thanks for the assessment of my hand!

KQ is usually not part of my UTG raise range FR, but this table was very nitty and most of my raises were not called, so I loosened up to pick the blinds.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by dondiego2000
      Hi Veriz, thanks for the assessment of my hand!

KQ is usually not part of my UTG raise range FR, but this table was very nitty and most of my raises were not called, so I loosened up to pick the blinds.
      I don't think that NL2 has that many such nitty tables but of course if you see so, then it's totally fine. And anyway, for only blinds, I wouldn't really advice to take such moves. We aren't much fighting for the blinds or micros.