This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [FR] AKo nl25

• franeczek
      franeczek
      Global
      No Limit Hold'em - 9 players - View hand 1097963
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG+1: $17.43
      UTG+2: $17.40
      MP1: $34.87
      MP2: $7.34
      CO: $14.40
      BTN: $13.99
      Hero (SB): $25.35
      BB: $17.65
      UTG: $4.75

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is SB with K :heart: A :diamond:
      5 folds, CO raises to $0.85, 1 fold, Hero raises to $2.95, 1 fold, CO calls $2.10

Flop: ($6.15) 7 :diamond: 7 :heart: 6 :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.00, CO raises to $11.45, Hero folds

Villian is 42/13/37 after 52 hands.
      I played it badly but basically I didn't know what to do on flop. He is so short that I can't really fold here when he jam but I think that my cbet is really bad here.
      What would you play here?? C/F flop C/shove maybe (he is never calling/raising with worse but he might bet it like AQ/KQ/KJ)???
      Any better options?? Maybe I should just call pre cause efective stacks are short (ąround 60bb) and try to play it postflop even OOP??
  • 3 replies
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Agree that bet/fold isnt an option on the flop - since who knows what hes shoving here and we almost always get the eQuity to call it off.

So its bet/call or ch/f imo. I think bet/call is fine with these stack sizes. If we had position, we could ch/b but oop our options are limited.

I still 3b pre - regardless of stack sizes. 50bb stack doesnt make your hand easier to play oop. Just raise it up and let him call with worse.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      If you bet more than 3$ I think you have to call shove, since he would very likely also shove worse hands than pairs. So if you bet 4$ I like b/c
      I´d probably b/f 2.8$ or 3$ bet, since at that point don´t feel that committed and consider on the turn card (if it is J or higher, then likely shove) either put him all-in or c/f
    • DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      Against most pairs you have your overcards, and against bluffs you're ahead (because you only represent an overpair here, so his push might as well be a bluff from a midstack fish). I think you get the right odds to call the shove here.