$7.00
      SB:
      $21.10
      BB:
      $6.00
      UTG1:
      $15.62

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, A.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0.35, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.10, 3 folds, UTG2 calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.35) J, 4, 9 (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $1.00, Hero calls $1.00.

Turn: ($4.35) 4 (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $2.00, UTG2 raises to $9.83(All-In), Hero folds, UTG2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $6.35.

An annoying Flop!

When he donkbet me so small I smelled something fishy and preferred to play passively. On the Turn he checks so I decide to prove him with a half potsized bet to which he responds with a push.

At first I feared he just had a flush draw with one card plus some kind of high pair. But on he Turn his hand looked more solid and was trying to slowplay me with the made flush! The possibility of a set was also there. Maybe he wanted to bet with it on the Flop but feared I had the flush, but when the Turn came, it gave him a Full House and nothing to fear.

I think I would have called if I had had an A or a set myself of course, but in this case, it seemed I was beat by many hands and the ones I had beat possibly had still some outs against me and decided to fold.

Regarding the bet on the Turn, I think a check behind would have just put me in a worse spot during the River (he bets strongly the river; another appears; etc.) so I decided to bet.

Opinions?
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Fubu27,

Flop: I'd either raise it up here or if you want to keep bluffs in the pot then you can likely Call it and reevaluate turn. Take into consideration that it's a 3bet pot.

As played
      Turn: I'd just Bet/Call it, he still able to have any kind of hands, starting from AJ, QQ, KK or whatsoever, doesn't always have to be the nuts. Also if he keeps Calling us with set value like that, then he will in long run lose a lot more money than we. Therefore I am not giving it up here.

Best regards.
    • Dendra
      Dendra
      Bronze
      My 2cents on this nasty hand: The flop bet can mean he has KK/QQ with a flush draw. If you put him on any 1card flush draw, be it Ax or a pocket pair, you can raise and try to get him all-in on the flop. Don't raise the flop if you aren't willing to go broke, because you will very likely get action from most of his hands.

The turn card is quite interesting, because it pairs the board. Since he checks, there are pretty much only two possibilities - his check was to either check/shove KK/QQ/Ax flush draws or to slowplay a full house.

Basically, once the board pairs, he could easily just check with JJ full house, so in my eyes that's one of the top5-6 hands there he's most likely to have. However, given the fact that you beat KK,QQ,AK,AQ,etc. and only fear JJ, maybe 99 and AKs flopped flush, I'd call the turn shove because there is so much money already in the pot and you beat most of his range.