[NL2-NL10] Slowplay

• Ectoz
      I can't find the hand because im a idiot,but i remember i pretty well.9 players,im in the SB with KJs,UTG1 limped,i raise,BB folds,UTG1 calls.
      Flop: 6 K Q. I bet 1/2 pot he calls.Turn:K,i bet 1/2 he calls. River: A,i bet 2/3 of the pot he raises x3.
      Now,my first reaction was a noob reaction "ow,he hit the ace",but in the next second i thought,there are 2 kings on the board,and if he hit the ace why would he raised if he put me on anything but the king,because he would know that i will fold anyway.
      So,if he know i have the king,and he doesnt have AA,then,why is he raising with a pair of asses.
      Then i realised he slowplayed,because i used to do the same,call flop,call turn,raise river.Probably 66,thus the limp in UTG and call the raise.
      What do you guys think?

• 2 replies
    • Timo
      Hi Ectoz,

Unfortunately this is the wrong forum. This forum is for feedback concerning the content that is offered by PokerStrategy.com.

In order to get your hands evaluated, you have to post it into our sample hands forum. The professional handjudges of PokerStrategy.com are happy to help you there. Also you have to make sure that you convert the hand correctly, this makes it a lot easier for the handjudges to evaluate your hand.

You should probably have a look at this sticky, it contains all the information on how to post a sample hand.

Since you did not mention any game type, I have moved this thread into the BSS Basic forum for you.

• veriz
      Hello Ectoz,

Flop: As I don't really see the pot amount, then betting 1/2 ain't that great idea, I'd make it bigger depending on the suits and etc but I would consider 2/3 to be normal bet size.

As played
      Turn: Likely bet again 2/3, 1/2 is way too smallish.
      River: And why do you now decide to bet 2/3? :P There aren't really many worse hands which may Call us, therefore depending on the opponent I decide which my bet size would be, likely 1/2 or something similar. Also as I don't really know how much was your stack, then I'd say it's very close, but often I might even Bet/Fold if the raise size is way too big, and we ain't getting good odds.

Best regards.