[NL20-NL50] nightmare hand :|

• adonis69xxx
      adonis69xxx
      Bronze
      hey guys, i just lost the most painful hand of my life last night and i am so frustrated, i just wanted to get some opinions , like it wasn't my fault it was just bad luck, just for my self-esteem :(
      so, i don't have the hand to show you because i was playing live, but i can describe it very easily...
      10 players,I was BB, blinds were 2.5 and 5 ,I didn't look at my hand until my turn. first man to act, UTG, raises to 50, he get's 6 calls and 2 folds and now it's my turn. pot was already more than 350 . i look at my hand, i had pocket deuces (2 :heart: 2 :spade:) . i was the last one to act. so i had to put 50 in a pot of over 350. i thought i was getting really good odds, cause all the callers must have had high cards.
      so i call !
      Flop comes:
      2 :diamond: 7 :club: 8 :club:
      SB check
      at this moment i shove all in for my remaining 450. i was thinking that i don't want a draw to call me, so a shove wouldn't give him good pot odds to draw, and that i would like to be called by an 8 or an over pair.
      so, i get 1 call , and all other fold.

guy had pocket nines (9 9)

Turn:
      8 :spade:
      River:
      8 :heart:
      ;(
      of course , devastated , cause i was playing for all my money for the holidays (and yeah, i know,maybe that's the biggest mistake of mine , cause u shouldn't play out of bankroll and you shouldn't play for money you can't afford to lose :rolleyes: )

So, what do u guys think ? :( i'm having nightmares, biggest bad beat i got in while...
  • 4 replies
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      lifes a bitch and then you get rivered and trolled
    • Timo
      Timo
      Bronze
      Hi adonis69xxx,

Unfortunately this is the wrong forum. This forum is for feedback concerning the content that is offered by PokerStrategy.com.

In order to get your hands evaluated, you have to post it into our sample hands forum. The professional handjudges of PokerStrategy.com are happy to help you there. Also you have to make sure that you convert the hand correctly, this makes it a lot easier for the handjudges to evaluate your hand.

You should probably have a look at this sticky, it contains all the information on how to post a sample hand.

I have moved this thread into the BSS Silver forum for you.

Regards,
      Timo
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      You played it fine. Just play within your bankroll next time so the bad beats that are inevitable dont hurt too much ;)

GL
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think your biggest mistake is entering game where blinds are 2.5/5 with 500$/£/€ where loosing it would really hurt. About the hand you played it fine and I´d also shove flop after hitting my set. Just sometimes they would get their 10% or hit their flush and outdraw you.