This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl2 CO AA

• Jeffers16
      Jeffers16
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG1:
      $2.03
      Hero:
      $2.01

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.95 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:spade: , A:diamond:
      UTG1 calls $0.02, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0.10, 3 folds, UTG1 calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.23) K:spade: , 8:diamond: , 2:heart: (2 players)
      UTG1 bets $0.11, Hero calls $0.11.

Turn: ($0.45) 6:spade: (2 players)
      UTG1 bets $0.12, Hero raises to $0.40, UTG1 calls $0.28.

River: ($1.25) A:heart: (2 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero raises $1.4 (All-In), UTG1 calls $1.40.

Final Pot: $4.05

Results follow (highlight to see):
      UTG1 shows (Kd Th)
      Hero shows three-of-a-kind, aces (As Ad)

Hero wins with three-of-a-kind, aces (As Ad)

Flop: I decided to call, board wasn't very drawy. I felt his bet was quite weak and I didn't want to push him off a hand he may try bluff again with.

Turn: I decided to raise now, I felt he was either being very weak again or was trying to keep me in the hand with a set.

River: Now that he called the turn raise, I thought he was either had a good TP or two pair/set or a draw he picked up on the turn. A draw won't call a river bet anyway, so I thought I should bet the river big as he will either call or not.

All played ok?

Thanks
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jeffers16,

Flop: Actually I don't even mind to just Call here, since the board ain't that draw-heavy. And likely to raise it on turn, but course an option could be to raise it directly right here. :)
      Turn: I'd even raise it bigger, since we can't really shove, if we raise that smallish, we have to over-shove on river, ~$0,70 should do it.

As played
      River: Do the horrible over-shove, next time try to make a bigger raise. :)

Best regards.