Pocket Rockets

• XxSamuraixX
      Since I've started playing on MANSION poker 2 1/2 days ago I have had pocket aces 4 times and been busted on every one. The perfect example is the last hand I played where the betting was raised to the maximum pre-flop and every round thereafter where the board showed no threat whatsoever. On the river however a second queen came and a player in middle position ended up winning the pot because he entered with Q6o and wouldnt go away. This is basically the same way it goes everytime, the time before that being beat by 94o with another huge round of pre-flop betting...

What the heck is going on? Please advise, because I'm sure this shouldnt happen every time!
  • 2 replies
    • frzl
      it shouldn´t and it won´t. in the long run you will win about 80-85% of your AA hands and it will be your most profitable hand. 4 times in a row is ugly but nothing special... just stay calm and keep playing your hands as good as you can.

to me it´s always helpfull to use poker stove or the equilator (this name is just great :D ) to see how the equity looked like before he sucked out... because in the long run you will win this amount of money which theoretically belongs to you because of the equity principle.
      but you should try if it works for yourself... some people get even more on tilt when they see that they were somelike a 99 to 1 favourite when the money went in :D

i can quote karlo123 from the german forum: "just get your money in with the best hand. thats all you can do. everythin else is just variance" :)
      well i think he wasn´t the first one who said that :D
    • chenny8888
      back when i got REALLY mad about things like these, i would keep a tally of the equity i had going in. you will see that over time these things even out.

nowadays, i still get (very) angry... but i don't play any worse when i get angry, and i've learnt to not be result orientated. i'm pretty sure it's not great for my heart though :rolleyes: