This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [FR] AJs nl25

• franeczek
      franeczek
      Global
      No Limit Hold'em - 7 players - View hand 1099580
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: $26.32
      UTG+1: $31.64
      Hero (MP): $44.77
      CO: $49.00
      BTN: $22.90
      SB: $7.58
      BB: $32.02

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is MP with J :spade: A :spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.85, 3 folds, BB calls $0.60

Flop: ($1.80) 8 :spade: J :club: 7 :club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.50, BB calls $1.50

Turn: ($4.80) 8 :heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $2.75, Hero raises to $9, BB folds

Villian is 22/7/30 after 780 hands. What would you do on turn?? I thought that he never do it with 8 or sets (he would checkraise them on turn) so it looks like stupid bluff or he try to get cheap river card. I raised cause even IP it will be though to play on river cause there is many cards that I don't want to see- any :club: 9 or T. Is my raise/sizing ok (I wanted to make it big enough to charge his draws).
      What would you do if he jam there?? I know that I have just TPTK but if he jam there stack to pot ratio would suck...
  • 2 replies
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      You should put the AF in the stats.

I'm just calling here and probably a 2/3 pot size bet on the river and let him bluff again. Some people do this with 8x and it usually follows a pot size bet on the river but many just bluff there or bet a Jx hand.

With a draw he is often c/c or c/f, and dont assume too often that people are block betting at this limit :) .

I don't like raising because you leave yourself open to a 3 bet and he may sometimes bluff shove because he can very easy represent an 8x or the str8/77
      he is only folding worse Jx and bluffs and calling with good draws.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Raise in generally is fine, but if you don´t really want to play for stacks, then just call his turn lead. Agree it is draw a lot of times, but would you need to protect your tptk with your whole stack?
      And if he would checked I´d would bet smt like 3$, so i don´t really loose too much value if I just call his turn lead.
      Also just calling you can call him down with basically any river card and let him bluff his air