UTG+1: $31.64
      Hero (MP): $44.77
      CO: $49.00
      BTN: $22.90
      SB: $7.58
      BB: $32.02

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is MP with J :spade: A :spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.85, 3 folds, BB calls $0.60

Flop: ($1.80) 8 :spade: J :club: 7 :club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.50, BB calls $1.50

Turn: ($4.80) 8 :heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $2.75, Hero raises to $9, BB folds

Villian is 22/7/30 after 780 hands. What would you do on turn?? I thought that he never do it with 8 or sets (he would checkraise them on turn) so it looks like stupid bluff or he try to get cheap river card. I raised cause even IP it will be though to play on river cause there is many cards that I don't want to see- any :club: 9 or T. Is my raise/sizing ok (I wanted to make it big enough to charge his draws).
      What would you do if he jam there?? I know that I have just TPTK but if he jam there stack to pot ratio would suck...
  • 2 replies
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      You should put the AF in the stats.

I'm just calling here and probably a 2/3 pot size bet on the river and let him bluff again. Some people do this with 8x and it usually follows a pot size bet on the river but many just bluff there or bet a Jx hand.

With a draw he is often c/c or c/f, and dont assume too often that people are block betting at this limit :) .

I don't like raising because you leave yourself open to a 3 bet and he may sometimes bluff shove because he can very easy represent an 8x or the str8/77
      he is only folding worse Jx and bluffs and calling with good draws.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Raise in generally is fine, but if you don´t really want to play for stacks, then just call his turn lead. Agree it is draw a lot of times, but would you need to protect your tptk with your whole stack?
      And if he would checked I´d would bet smt like 3$, so i don´t really loose too much value if I just call his turn lead.
      Also just calling you can call him down with basically any river card and let him bluff his air