Poker books

• HariRadovan
      HariRadovan
      Bronze
      When I started playing poker I was really bad. I didnt even realize how bad I was and blamed bad luck for my poor results. Then a friend of mine who plays poker 4 a living recommended me this site and he recommended some poker books to me too. By reading the strategy-articles of PS and reading many poker books I became a constant winning player.

I think many of you have also read some good poker books and I would be very interested which books you liked the most and why or which books you didnt like and why.
      Please tell me your opinion! I`m very curious.

By the way, the first poker book I ever read was "Small stakes Holdem" by Sklansky and Malmuth. It is my favorite book, a kind of "bible" for me :-)
  • 5 replies
    • wilm
      wilm
      Bronze
      Small Stakes Hold'em is a must-read for every selfrespected limit player =)

Weighting the Odds in hold'em poker is also a nice one. If u are planning to play SH u should go and read limit hold 'em: Winning short-handed strategies. This is a great book and also helps u improve your HU play wich is becomming more normal in fullring games.
    • HariRadovan
      HariRadovan
      Bronze
      I agree with you wilm. Winning short-handed strategies by Terry Borer and Lawrence Mak is a brand-new book that is really great! I learned a lot of tricks and moves by reading it like the river-donkbet or the free-showdown-raise and the hand-quizzes following each chapter are really good too. They also tell you when you should leave the table because you are outmatched, a very important and valuable lesson I think!

If you liked that book you will also like "winning in tough holdem games" by Stoxxtrader and Zobags. It is a really expert-book IMO and some of the tips you get from that book should be used very cautiousely when playing low-limits (like 3-betting the flop with overcards to get a free look at the river for example) but the "hands with Stox"-chapter is really great, you learn how to think like an expert by reading it.

More postings like wilms are very welcome ;-)
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Originally posted by wilm
      Small Stakes Hold'em is a must-read for every selfrespected limit player =)

If u are planning to play SH u should go and read limit hold 'em: Winning short-handed strategies.
      Where did you buy those books?
    • wilm
      wilm
      Bronze
      bol.com
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      amazon dot com